Drawing keeps crashing when copy and pasting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
721 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing keeps crashing when copy and pasting

Hi All,

Please can someone help me?

I am currently working on a project whereby I had two drawings, one drawing was xref'd from another. However, the drawing with the xref went very slow so subsequently I exploded the xref so once I had updated one drawing, I was copying and pasting the updates from one drawing to another which was fine until recently. Now everytime I try to copy and paste into or out of the drawing that used to contain the xref, Autocad crashing and has to be shut down. I have performed audit and purge on both drawings which worked ok, and I have also tried re-saving the drawing under different names, but I still have the problem that I cannot copy and paste anything into the drawing or from the drawing into another drawing.

IS there anything I can do with the file? It seems like its corrupt, even though I can work on it and it will save anything I draw. But I really need the information on the drawing and am wasting a lot of time having to draw things twice in two different drawings.

I am using AutoCad LT 2008, and have never had this issue with any files before, nor any other file currently expect the one file mentioned.

Thanks, Amy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have all your service packs installed?

You can also try doing and Audit and Purge on your drawing?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
pendean

Use RECOVER command to open each file: remember to then PURGE and SAVE. See if that helps.

Also review your system; did something else change about the time these issues appeared? Could be something simple as you adding/changing/deleting a printer or suddenly plugging in something into a USB port, as well as major things like adding/removing software, changing PCs etc.
Message 4 of 5
KLYPHY

Do note that "Purge" does not delete "regaps" when you check "All".

If you type "-purge", then "A" for "All", the "regaps" will NOT be deleted.

What you need to do is type "-purge", then type "R" for "Regaps", then accept "*" for "all".

You will then be asked "Verify each name to be purge?"

I suggest "No" because the last time I did this, there were 70,000+ Regaps deleted.

Just an interesting quirk of AutoCAD.

Read Y'all Later -KLYPH

Message 5 of 5
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: KLYPHY

Thank you for that tip. Much appreciated

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost