Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a serial number serial number with a license server?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
OldPaulCAD
1061 Views, 3 Replies

Do I need a serial number serial number with a license server?

I am attempting to install autocad 2009 on my computer. I have been advised by a colleague that I do not need a serial number if I am installing autocad with a server licence.

Autocad has however now stopped working as I have not been able to provide a serial number i.e. the trial period has come to an end.

My question is do I need a serial number. If so where would I get one? I believe that any documentation / cd box (assuming that there was ever one) are no longer available.

I would very much appreciate help with this. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: OldPaulCAD

Yes, you need a S/N, even for a network licensed product.

I'm 95% sure the 2009 versions included a S/N on the media packaging, presuming you actually ever received that. It may have been a download only.

Are you on subscription? If so, you can log into your subscription account and view all of your S/N. If not, call your reseller from who you made this purchase.

Barring all of that, follow these steps:

• Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus

• Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”

• Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus

• Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

• R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
    Message 3 of 4
    OldPaulCAD
    in reply to: rkmcswain

Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately I am not sure if the person who purchased AutoCAD is still with the company. I so far have not been able to track down any documentation with a valid serial number or any documentation with an account name.

I have been trying in vain for about an hour and a half to get through to somebody using the I Still Need Help button, but all of the advisors seem to be busy.

I shall however persist. Is there any way of contacting Autocad support directly? 

Message 4 of 4
    jessica.t
    in reply to: OldPaulCAD

Hi @OldPaulCAD,

Apologies that you have spent so much time trying to reach someone through the chat support option, the alternative to the chat option would be to submit an email which goes directly to our customer service teams. For future reference, be sure to choose that option to reach Autodesk directly.

I tried researching your email and name to find your serial number but I didn't find any licenses associated to you. And if you do not have the name or email address of the registered user, you will need to request a license report from the Activation and Registration team. Please be aware, these are the same directions as @rkmcswain 's directions above, but please submit an email request if the chat option is busy. If you do have the name and email of the registered user, please send me a Private Message with their information so that I can locate the license for you.

I look forward to your response. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost