AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Active Contributor
radinplaid
Message 1 of 1 (284 Views)

Default to last value entered

284 Views, 0 Replies
01-23-2013 08:41 AM

Ok, so the last place I worked had their version of LT (2005) set up so that if you were prompted to enter a value (to move an object, or for a length/width, etc.) and just hit enter, it would default to the last value entered. I would like to set up my current installation to do the same, if possible. My current installation will allow me to do this when entering values when creating new objects (rectange length/width, circle diameter, etc.), but I can't do it for moving an object.

So, for example, if I were going to move a number of objects 2" @ 0° (and couldn't just move them all together at once) I could select my object, enter "move", then @2, <0. I could then select my next object, hit enter (to issue the move command again), and then just hit enter again and it would default to my last entry of "@2, <0".

On my current installation i have to input my value for each time I enter the command. It would sure be nice if I didn't have to re-enter each length/coordinate each time. Is there some way I can get around this?

Thank you!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.