Did you mean: 

converting 3D step to AutoCAD 2007 dwg

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
waynegordon1952
3125 Views, 8 Replies

converting 3D step to AutoCAD 2007 dwg

Can a conversion be made from a 3D step to dwg (AutoCAD 2007)?

Perhaps if I were a more seasoned CAD user I would understand why so many different versions?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: waynegordon1952

STP import is a feature in newer AutoCAD versions: are you sure it's not in yours? Grab a free trial of any newer version and help yourself or upgrade if this will become a regular need.
http://bestcadtips.com/importing-3d-step-file-into-autocad/
Message 3 of 9
waynegordon1952
in reply to: pendean

Using AutoCAD 2007; don't see stp as file type for import.

Thanks,

Wayne

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Then it's time to upgrade: read the link I posted.
Message 5 of 9
waynegordon1952

If it was only that easy.  We are a small company and it took a HUGE investment just to get Ver 2007 eons ago and then it was a discounted copy.

We use CAD to make electrical drawings and small parts used in our business--but, we don't use it enough to afford that kind of investment.

I guess my gripe is how and why industry won't supply drawings to their customers that are compatible with the version of CAD they have.

Meaning, I can't get the same version of .dxf anymore; everyone wants to head to iges or step.

But, I know why.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Thanks for your assistance.

Message 6 of 9
braudpat

Hello

Maybe this file can help you ... I am a generous person this morning !!

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
pendean

I wonder if your clients know you blame everyone else for not being able to do your job: send me a list of your clients, I'd like to introduce them to a business that gets the job done instead 🙂
Message 8 of 9
braudpat

Hello Dean

I am a very generous / kind person only one day per month, so I spend my budget for October !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
waynegordon1952

"I wonder if your clients know you blame everyone else for not being able to do your job: send me a list of your clients, I'd like to introduce them to a business that gets the job done instead"

Wow!  I never expected that!!  Just blast me out of the water.

Maybe having the latest version is something you have and are able to budget for.

I am not that fortunate.  CAD is such a small part of my daily routine.  It does help me do a better job but I can get out a pencil and ruler and do a lot of drawing for the $$$$ needed to have pretty.

I'm learning as I get older to refrain from a lot of negative chatter. Talking 'smack', as the younger folks describe, only brings me down to other people's level.

It's getting way too crowded down there.

Hope your day is productive and one that brings positive encouragement to all you come in contact with!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost