Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant change layer colors after they've been set to yellow or magenta

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
speny
1250 Views, 7 Replies

Cant change layer colors after they've been set to yellow or magenta

In the past I used acad extensively, I still use it occasionally but it has been a while since I worked on a large scale project. Anyhow I am experiencing a wierd problem I have never seen or heard of and cant find a solution.

Once a layer is set to either yellow or magenta I canot change the layer color again. I am setting these colors using the LPM dialog. it doesent matter if its an old drawing or a brandnew one. I have tried starting from various templates everything has the same problem.

I can change the objects color manually in properties but thats horible practice and a pian. 

I can change between all other colors no problem but once it goes to yellow or magenta its locked there.

what on earth would do this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: speny

Hi,

never heard/read about such an issue. It's especially hard to believe that this depends on specific 2 colors.

Can you describe detailed what happens with every click, so after opening the layer manager you click onto the icon in the color column, does that open then the color selection dialog? If so when you click then onto e.g. color 10, does the value (on the botton textbox in the dialog) change to 10 or not? ... describe it step by step what you are doing and what the dialogs show then.

And if it's possible to upload one of those drawings you have set the layer-color and can't remodify it then.

BTW: do you have any application on top of AutoCAD installed? Or any tool?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

+1 with Alfred

Q1) Which ACAD exactly ?

Q2) 32 or 64 bits

Q3) Which Windows ?

Q4) Which Service Pack already installed (if any !?) ?

Please can you give us (in .ZIP format please) your DWG or an extract ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
andrea.agates

I have the same problem

Q1) Autocad 2007 

Q2) 32 bits

Q3) Windows 7 professional

Q4) SP 1

thanks!!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
gerjaison

Has anyone has an answer to this? I have exactly the same problem with AutoCAD 2007, Running windows 7 Ultimate 32bit version.
Message 6 of 8
gerjaison
in reply to: gerjaison

Forgot to mentioned i installed AutoCAD 2007
Message 7 of 8
pendean
in reply to: gerjaison

Log into your PC as a new user (not you): start AutoCAD. Can you repeat this problem?
Message 8 of 8
john.ruestow

I'm having the same problem on ONE drawing. I open the layer properties manager, select the layer I want to change, select the color palette device, the color palette opens, I select the color I want but am not given the option of Apply. With a DIFFERENT drawing open in another session on the same machine at the same time the color selection works fine. The problem SEEMS to only be with this particular drawing. AutoCAD LT 2007

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost