AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Valued Contributor
97 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 2

Block rotating based on cursor location

116 Views, 1 Replies
08-22-2012 08:00 AM

When I select certain blocks from my tool palette, I see the block following my cursor waiting for me to select an insertion point.  No problem, that's what I've always seen with AutoCAD.  But now, depending on where I hover my cursor, the block image rotates as I move over entities. The block aligns and rotates itself depending on which side of a line I hover over. Make sense?  Is there a variable that controls this self aligning of a block at insert?  This is new to me.

*Expert Elite*
9,834 Posts
1,218 Kudos
Post 2 of 2

Re: Block rotating based on cursor location

08-22-2012 10:05 AM in reply to: montero1

Hi,

>> Is there a variable that controls this self aligning of a block at insert?

It's the defintiion of the block that has the alignment-parameter (>>>details<<<) built in.

>> Make sense?

In some cases yes. Imagine you have walls of an architectural on any angle and you want to place a block for an exelcticval socket onto it. It should stay 90° to the wall ==> and for that sample the alignment-parameter is great (as it is for a lot of other jobs also).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!