Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block attribute text inserting at 0,0?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
361 Views, 5 Replies

Block attribute text inserting at 0,0?

What system variable, dwg settings, etc. would control the insertion point of attribute text?  I have a drawing in which some, not all, of the attributes in an old labling block insert at 0,0 instead of at the proper location within the block. The same block works just fine in other drawings.  Got around the problem by inserting the whole drawing into a new one, but for future reference would like to know what's happening. 

Using Civil3d 2008.

Thank you,

Wehi

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What's your method of "inserting" the block exactly?
BTW, CIVIL forum is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/bd-p/66
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Using INSERT.  Though I did mess around a bit trying to get it to work.  Copying an existing block with text in the correct position works fine.

Simple block, nothing complicated, just type & size on a utility line.  I tried redefining, but the problem seems to be the one drawing.

Sorry if I posted on the wrong forum.  There are so many-

Message 4 of 6
pendean

INSERT the pop-up? On that pop-up is an easily missed option to SPECIFY ON SCREEN the insertion point: if you don't check it all your inserted blocks go to 0,0,0. Is that the problem?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, INSERT the popup.

The block inserts at the specified location.  It's the attribute text (one of two) within the block that inserts at 0,0.

If I copy the block, or drag the block from DesignCenter, it inserts correctly.  Kinda bizarre.  And it's just in one drawing.  Figured it had to be some setting that was accidentally changed.

As I said, we have worked around this.  I was just trying to understand what was happening.

Thanks,

Wehi

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Weird: can you share the DWG with block inserted the way you describe the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost