AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Contributor
ZondaR
Message 1 of 8 (4,270 Views)
Accepted Solution

Black lines plot to PDF & show up as grey

4270 Views, 7 Replies
11-18-2010 06:33 AM

I am plotting some pages to PDF, either with the DWG to PDF converter, or Adobe PDF, and in both cases, the black text and lines i draw in PAPER SPACE come out as grey.  It happens with some files and not with others, but have no idea why they are doing that.

Thoughts??

>>>...I am using no plot styles. ...<<< There is a cure for that, MONOCHROME plot style table or customize your own.

Test your block in another drawing, or a new drawing: if it does not do the same, INSERT the problem file into this new or other drawing (a quick way to fix a problem file).

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 8 (4,261 Views)

Re: Black lines plot to PDF & show up as grey

11-18-2010 10:45 AM in reply to: ZondaR

Plot style table setting? Or does zooming into the PDF closer to the text changes it to black?

Can you share a PDF sample?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
ZondaR
Message 3 of 8 (4,236 Views)

11-23-2010 05:18 AM in reply to: ZondaR

I am using no plot styles.  Everythign goes grey after i pull in one block that i am using in all my files.  i've checked out the block and everything is on a black layer, and once the block has been in a file, i can no longer get any black lines, it sort of corrupts the file.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 8 (4,232 Views)

11-23-2010 09:29 AM in reply to: ZondaR

>>>...I am using no plot styles. ...<<< There is a cure for that, MONOCHROME plot style table or customize your own.

Test your block in another drawing, or a new drawing: if it does not do the same, INSERT the problem file into this new or other drawing (a quick way to fix a problem file).

john
Message 5 of 8 (3,249 Views)

09-20-2012 01:03 PM in reply to: pendean

I have the same problem and have been searching the web for answers. pdfs that were made when I used AutoCAD 2004 are fine; black lines look black on the screen. Then I changed to 2008 and started getting some grey lines on the screen. These gradually disappear as you zoom in and they do  plot black. Now that I have 2013LT and am publishing, instead of plotting from the tabs, it has become worse, i.e. more lines appear grey on the screen until you zoom in. As more and more people are using laptops or tablets to view drawings this is an issue; just because it prints OK doesn't mean it is not important.  As the old pdfs still look OK I figure it cannot be Acrobat Distiller or the reader side of things.  I have tried plotting (from the tabs) & publishing the same drawing using Adobe and dwg-to-pdf, with the result that all look as bad EXCEPT plotting to Adobe which is definitely better but not great.  But I do not want to go back to printing one drawing at a time.  I saw the consistent question coming up in responses and this suggested that Dean Saadallah et al knew what the issue was.  Can you shed some light please?  An example of a bad pdf and not so bad are attached.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 8 (3,239 Views)

09-21-2012 05:19 AM in reply to: john

The attached is a good demonstration:

On the left, FOXIT PDF Reader.

On the right, Adobe Acrobat Reader 9

Same exact identical file: is your issue the same as the one on the right?

john
Message 7 of 8 (3,228 Views)

09-21-2012 01:05 PM in reply to: pendean

Yes; the image on the right represents what I am seeing.  Are you suggesting that there is something wrong with Adobe reader perhaps?  If that were the case how come the old pdfs, printed using AutoCAD 2004, do not have this issue when they are viewed today, i.e. using the same Adobe package (X Pro)?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 8 of 8 (3,226 Views)

09-21-2012 02:17 PM in reply to: john

If I knew that answer I would be a very rich man :smileyhappy:

I'm just showing you a known flaw or missed setting somewhere centered around Adobe's Acrobat Reader: why I have FOXIT now.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.