AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Mentor
apanbasu
Message 1 of 6 (557 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD Version 2008 Properties

557 Views, 5 Replies
11-25-2012 08:01 AM

I am having a problem with properties. When I left clicked an object to find out properties - It picks-up the object however as soon as I clicked the right button the high light disappears. I have attached one drawing. I was trying to find out what size font on the text so that I could scale the drawings properly. Some settings have changed on my drawings and that is not allowing to do the Properties. Can somebody help me on this?

I did not have any need for Autocad for a month. That is why I did not respond to your suggestion. II still have the same problem. I do not get any error message. I have re-installed AutoCAD 2008 thru control Panel. I have attached screen shop of my right click setting and a typical drawing that will not deselect when I click right button. I just noticed that if Typein "Properties" in command line the Property Window opens. The right click will not let me do that.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 6 (555 Views)

Re: AutoCAD Version 2008 Properties

11-25-2012 08:11 AM in reply to: apanbasu

Hi,

goto _OPTIONS and verify the right-click settings

2012-11-25 17-06-03.png 

Also: if the objects get's deselected there would be some message in the commandline, isn't there any?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Mentor
apanbasu
Message 3 of 6 (369 Views)

12-22-2012 08:55 AM in reply to: apanbasu

I did not have any need for Autocad for a month. That is why I did not respond to your suggestion. II still have the same problem. I do not get any error message. I have re-installed AutoCAD 2008 thru control Panel. I have attached screen shop of my right click setting and a typical drawing that will not deselect when I click right button. I just noticed that if Typein "Properties" in command line the Property Window opens. The right click will not let me do that.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 6 (356 Views)

12-23-2012 11:01 AM in reply to: apanbasu

Hi,

have you compared my screenshot and yours?

You have for the option "Edit Mode" ("If one or more objects are selected, right click means") ==> Repeat Last Command ... and not (like I have) Shortcut Menu

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Mentor
apanbasu
Message 5 of 6 (351 Views)

12-23-2012 01:12 PM in reply to: apanbasu

I thought I have checked it. My Right-Click configuration short cut menu was not checked. Once I checked it - It is wooking. My question is how it got chaaged? Is it possible that when I receive drawings from other people that drawing causes the change?

Thanks for helping me out.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 6 (348 Views)

12-23-2012 01:17 PM in reply to: apanbasu

Hi,

>> Is it possible that when I receive drawings from other people that drawing causes the change?

No, because this setting is stored locally on your machine (for your user-name), it's not depending on any drawing-files.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.