Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD freezes when switching to E-size layout

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jmadse80
275 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD freezes when switching to E-size layout

I started a new job a few months ago and have had this problem since I started here.  Every time I try to use my E size layout, it says it's regenerating the model in the status bar but then it either freezes AutoCAD or my whole computer for a good 5-10 minutes.  I never have this problem using any other size.  I've tried looking at some of the previous forums, but none seem to quite fit my problem.  I have tried some of the suggestions in the other forums like turning autoregen off, but I'm worried about trying too many things for fear of screwing it up even more.  I even tried creating a new layout tab today and imported from another template and still had this problem, so I'm thinking there's something wrong with the template?

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jmadse80
in reply to: jmadse80

I should also mention this problem also happens when I stay in the E size layout, but try switching from paper to model space.

Message 3 of 3
pendean
in reply to: jmadse80

What's magical or unique about that predefined layout that you simply cannot recreate manually in a new layout with PAGESETUP command? I'm curious why your still wasting time with something that is obviously broken that's all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost