AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

redwingsfan
Message 1 of 4 (291 Views)

AutoCAD Error message

291 Views, 3 Replies
08-11-2012 09:06 PM

I was wondering if anyone has ever come across this error message?

"FATAL ERROR Unhandled eobd7363h Exception at fd40cacdh"

I get this message when I LAUNCH AutoCAD 2009 on my comnputer. I just got a BRAND NEW computer to run the software as well as other 3D CAD software and now I get this.

I got this computer about a month or so ago and had NO PROBLEMS installing the software and it was working and operating fine when I installed it. Now, a month or so later, I get this message. Does anyone have ANY idea what it means?

On another note: When I bought the computer, they did tell me that during their research, they did said that I may need to UPGRADE to windows 7 PRO (I think) and purchase a card for like $80 in addition to the cost of the computer because of the compatability issues. I decided to NOT purchase the card at the time I purchased the computer because I was NOT convinced that the software would not function on this computer and also because if I had purchased the card then, I would not have been able to to return the card if I didn't need it. I did however get the software to install and work then. Because the software is apparently not compatible with windows 7 home edition, this may be my problem. If anyone can tell me if this indeed IS the problem, then PLEASE let me know!!!

Thanks,

Tony 

Mentor
SugarCAD
Message 2 of 4 (266 Views)

Re: AutoCAD Error message

08-14-2012 05:51 AM in reply to: redwingsfan

I believe you need to run in XP mode which requires Pro, Ultimate or Enterprise.

redwingsfan
Message 3 of 4 (257 Views)

08-14-2012 09:11 AM in reply to: redwingsfan

I was told that running windows compatability mode is a "fake" version of windows XP and that I should look for a different machine. The only reason I am running AutoCad 2009 is because my company cannot afford the upgrade to 2013 at this time. I would assume that I would not have a problem if we had AutoCAD 2013?

Anyhow, is it true that running windows 7 Pro (compatability mode) will work? Also. I plan on running SolidWorks 2012 on the same system, would SolidWorks run on this version of windows?

Mentor
SugarCAD
Message 4 of 4 (252 Views)

08-14-2012 01:06 PM in reply to: redwingsfan

Yes and Yes

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.