Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2009 will not open

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ChadBrown
734 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2009 will not open

I have been running AutoCAD 2009 Civil 3D and Land Desktop Companion on my computer since it came out.  I have also had AutoCAD 2013 Civil 3D installed on my computer for over a year now.  I use it when I get a DWG from an Architect that is in a newer version of CAD so that I can save it down to be compatible with vs 2009.  I have done this many times over the last year with no problems.  Anyway I did it again this morning, I started up AutoCAD 2013 Civil 3D, then opened the DWG file and saved it down to a 2007 DWG.  I then closed AutoCAD 2013 and tried to open a new session of AutoCAD 2009 Civil 3D Land Desktop Compantion by double clicking on my short cut.  The icon highlighted and start to try to open (little blue circle spinning next to my arrow icon) after about 10 seconds it stops and nothing happens.  I then try to open it through the Start Menu/All Programs/Autodesk/2009 Land Desktop Compantion/acad.exe, with the same effect, nothing.  I then try to open it by browing through Windows Explorer to the acad.exe file and still nothing.

I first tried to repair AutoCAD Civil 3D and Land Desktop Compantion through the Control Panel/Uninstall-Repair command in Windows 7 Pro.  It runs through the entire repair process says finished.  I then restart my computer and try to start up AutoCAD.  Again nothing happens. 

Then I uninstall all AutoCAD 2009 features using  Control Panel/Uninstall command in Windows 7 Pro.  I also got in the registry and deleted all the AutoCAD 2009 files.  Restarted my computer and then did a Fresh instal.  Everything appeared to go smoothly but when I try to run again I get nothing. 

I have scoured the web this afternoon looking for fixes and tried many but have been unsuccessful in my attempts.

Any help woudl be muych apperciated.

Thank you

Chad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: ChadBrown

Probably should have just restarted Windows, and if that did not work, a Windows Restore back to the last time it all worked would have been the next thing to try.

Grab a freeware called PROCESSMONITOR and start it before you start C3D2009 and see what is holding up the program's launch.
Message 3 of 3
ChadBrown
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the response pendean

I guess I didn't mention it but the first thing I did was to restart windows, unfortunately it did not help.  However I never even thought about a Windows Restore.  Guess I will know for next time.

I will try your Processmonitor suggestion first thing in the morning. 

Thanks again

Chad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost