I have a Windows 7 64 bit system that will open and run Autodesk 9 but if the program is minimized, it will not restore unless you use Switch To from the task manager. If you crash out of the program, an event log error shows ad32lw.exe and msvcr80.dll are at fault with error code: 0xC0000008. A reinstall of the application did not resolve the issue.
Does anyone have a solution or ideas on what is causing this error?
Have you figured this out? It is happening to me in AutoCAD 2011.
We get this too, when we need to run Mechanical Desktop 2009. I figure we'll never get an answer, given that MDT is now abandonware.
I'm not on a machine with Autocad installed, but if I remember correctly I solved this by changing a setting that turns off grouping the open drawings on the windows taskbar. I can't remember if the fix is to group them or ungroup them.
Here is a thread that talks about that and how to fix it, in short, use the TASKBAR command and toggle between 1 and 0.
I'm still getting this in Windows 7 64bit with AutoCAD 2011. I've tried Windows Classic Theme, I've tried taking off the Taskbar grouping, and it seems the only way to restore Autocad is through TaskManager.
I have noticed that if you have more than one AutoCAD running, the second one instance is normal. Any Ideas??
Some more information regarding symptoms:
In Windows 7 64bit Aero Theme:
* Alt+Tab does not restore AutoCAD 2011
* Win+Tab does not restore AutoCAD 2011
In Windows 7 64bit Classic Theme:
* Alt+Tab does DOES restore AutoCAD 2011
* Win+Tab is not supported by the Windows Classic Theme.
In either theme:
* Using the minimize button [ _ ] to minimize AutoCAD 2011 will cause it not be restored without Task Manager
* Clicking on the task bar icon for AutoCAD while restored or maximized will cause it to minimize correctly and it can be restored.
* If you launch two instances of AutoCAD, the second instance will behave normally.
I really want to avoid writing a script to launch two AutoCADs and killing the first instance every time AutoCAD is launched
Think I found my issue:The VBA Enabler!!