AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

aminer
Message 1 of 5 (240 Views)

AutoCAD 2009 crashes- coincides with new microsoft updates sept 9th?

240 Views, 4 Replies
09-12-2008 10:32 AM
I am running AutoCAD 2009(full) and AutoCAD 2007 Lt on my computer. ( windows XP, 64 bit, dell.) (and a Dell 32 bit, windows XP, with AutoCAD 2007 LT)

tuesday sept 9th afternoon, both my software's began to crash. the issues seems to be related to auto system updates with .net framework 3.0 (we think)

my CAD crashes- when selecting anything in larger amounts of parts, either copy and paste, or move with base point is what seems to set it off. as soon as i get to select base point, and i get my cursor close to any amount of parts on my dwg, my system freezes. to be control-alt-delete to shut down AutoCAD.

we have tried restoring the computer systems to as far back as july, uninstalling and reinstalling all the .net files - some will not install , some will not uninstall. uninstalling, and reinstalling AutoCAD.

now, my AutoCAD has fatal errors and will not open even. and will not uninstall.

i have talked got hours with AutoCAD tech support so far with no resolution, and have been down for 2.5 days

is anyone else experiencing these issues, and have you found any solutions?

this is happening consistently, in both my versions of AutoCAD, and also on the other machine mentioned.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 5 (240 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2009 crashes- coincides with new microsoft updates sept 9th?

09-15-2008 05:42 AM in reply to: aminer
>>>... uninstalling and reinstalling all the .net files - some will not
>>>install , some will not uninstall....<<<

Back up your PC's files. Time for a system restore and reinstall of all your
apps (and .NET).

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
*Tony Tanzillo
Message 3 of 5 (240 Views)

09-15-2008 01:01 PM in reply to: aminer
Pay no attention to Dean (a.k.a, 'the best guesser').

The problem is .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1, which you will receive via automatic updates, and underscores why most of us turn automatic updates off.

Do not rely on or trust Microsoft when it comes to releasing defect-free updates that can break your applications.

If you can roll back the automatic update, do that. If you can find ".NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1" in your installed applications ("Add or Remove Programs" in XP), remove it, and that should solve your problem, and without wasting several days of your time by following the advice of the resident bone-head.

--
http://www.caddzone.com

AcadXTabs: MDI Document Tabs for AutoCAD 2009
Supporting AutoCAD 2000 through 2009

http://www.acadxtabs.com

Introducing AcadXTabs 2010:
http://www.caddzone.com/acadxtabs/AcadXTabs2010.htm

wrote in message news:6030390@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am running AutoCAD 2009(full) and AutoCAD 2007 Lt on my computer. ( windows XP, 64 bit, dell.) (and a Dell 32 bit, windows XP, with AutoCAD 2007 LT)

tuesday sept 9th afternoon, both my software's began to crash. the issues seems to be related to auto system updates with .net framework 3.0 (we think)

my CAD crashes- when selecting anything in larger amounts of parts, either copy and paste, or move with base point is what seems to set it off. as soon as i get to select base point, and i get my cursor close to any amount of parts on my dwg, my system freezes. to be control-alt-delete to shut down AutoCAD.

we have tried restoring the computer systems to as far back as july, uninstalling and reinstalling all the .net files - some will not install , some will not uninstall. uninstalling, and reinstalling AutoCAD.

now, my AutoCAD has fatal errors and will not open even. and will not uninstall.

i have talked got hours with AutoCAD tech support so far with no resolution, and have been down for 2.5 days

is anyone else experiencing these issues, and have you found any solutions?

this is happening consistently, in both my versions of AutoCAD, and also on the other machine mentioned.
aminer
Message 4 of 5 (240 Views)

09-18-2008 01:22 PM in reply to: aminer
well, like i said, i was unable to uninstall the .net stuff.
but eventually my local tech was able to uninstall, and reinstall the needed ones. and reinstall autocad. now it works...mostly. the errors persist even though my system was restored to 2 months ago and all the stuff removed added, etc....what a gong show.
Leenesh
Message 5 of 5 (240 Views)

06-22-2009 11:32 AM in reply to: aminer
Greetings all, I am using Autocad 2009 LT(32 bit) edition and also have the a similar problem. When ever I start Autocad
It crashes with a critical error message asking me to report the problem. The problem started today (22-06-2009).
I did however see a the Microsoft restart message earlier saying "you need to restart your computer"
so I think it could be one of those auto updates....

Thanks to those who responded
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.