AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Amol007
Message 1 of 2 (2,901 Views)

Autocad 2008 request code changes after activation of product

2901 Views, 1 Replies
01-20-2012 12:32 AM

Dear Sir,

On our Customer site in AutoCAD 2008 request code changes frequently on particular machine when activate the product 

sucessfully. If you have any solution on why the request code changes frequently and what are the solution on that please 

suggest me.

Regards,

Amol Medhi

Neilsoft Ltd

India, Maharashtra

Autodesk Authorised Channel Partner and Reseller

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (2,888 Views)

Re: Autocad 2008 request code changes after activation of product

01-20-2012 02:57 AM in reply to: Amol007

Hi,

as far as I understand (a little) the process of how the request code is generated there are some settings written in hidden parts of the harddisk plus some details from the hardware devices installed are evaluated/saved.

And as long as you don't change the harddisk and you don't do (big) changes to the built-in devices the code shouldn't change. However some update to these devices (or defects of them) may result in changes that are to big to be tolerated to keep the previous authorization valid.

Such changes may be BIOS-updates, changed network-cards, ... and one questionmark for me would also be if your customer uses a virtual machine for running AutoCAD, because e.g. with VmWare if you update the drivers that does something similar to "change the complete hardware" (virtually, of course, but enough for getting quite different information from the virtual built-in devices).

Also not sure about running RAID-systems ==> does the customer have one? If so check the availablilty/consistency of the system. Maybe one of the synched harddisks fails sometimes and in that situation, I would not know how save and consistent will the hidden data be then (that Autodesk uses to verify the hardware:code).

Anyway as you are authorized dealer you should speak to Autodesk, show them some of the request codes the customer get's for his (same) pc, they should see based on this code what differences are seen by there code-system.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.