AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

bfontes
Message 1 of 4 (416 Views)

AutoCAD 2008 Launch Problems

416 Views, 3 Replies
10-18-2012 01:22 PM

I have been running AutoCAD 2008 for several years now on Windows XP.  About 2 days ago, the shortcut no longer launched the program:  an hourglass would appear, and then nothing - no splash page, nothing in the Task Manager.  I have also gone into the files to the application in hopes that it was just a broken short cut.  No luck.

In reviewing other posts, I found that many others have run into this with many versions of CAD and, based on their results I have tried the following to resolve it, in order:

1.  Rolled back Windows (no big updates occurred around the time CAD stopped responding, but I tried anyways)

2.  Repaired CAD through Windows Control Panel

3.  Fully removed CAD through the Control Panel, deleted folders, and removed CAD files from the registry.

4.  Turned off DEP for CAD.

Tried running after each attempt with no success and have run out of ideas.  Anyone able to offer suggestions, short of wiping the OS and starting from scratch?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (408 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2008 Launch Problems

10-18-2012 01:52 PM in reply to: bfontes

Hi,

have you tried to start with another user-account into Windows and try AutoCAD then?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
bfontes
Message 3 of 4 (395 Views)

10-18-2012 03:19 PM in reply to: bfontes

Just tried having another user in the office log in on my computer.  CAD will open when they are logged in. 

I don't understand why my user account, as the computer (Windows) administrator, will not allow CAD to launch.  Is there a way to resolve this or will we need to have a second, CAD-specific user account on this computer?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (378 Views)

10-18-2012 10:37 PM in reply to: bfontes

Hi,

that means at least, that your AutoCAD is working, just the user-specific profile or programs started (in Windows) or applications loaded (in AutoCAD) conflicts with AutoCAD.

One way could now be to transfer the user-specific data (for AutoCAD) and registry content from the "good account" to the "bad account".

The other option is to start the secondary installer. I found >>>this link<<<, but make sure you do it for AutoCAD, the link shows it for Map3D, that's a little bit different in App-IDs and path-naming.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!