Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AREA AND DIMENSION VALUES PROBLEM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
experiencesharing
285 Views, 3 Replies

AREA AND DIMENSION VALUES PROBLEM

Please find the attached drawing for further guide line. New dimension are appeared with wrong values but if i do match properties command then ok similarly Area comes in wrong value.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The entire drawing seems to be shrunk down to apparently 1/100000 of real size.  It should be drawn at real size, and the DIMLFAC System Variable, and the LinearScaleFactor VLA property on Dimensions, and the Measurement Scale Factor under Primary Units in the Dimension Style dialog box, should all be 1.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4

Dear Sir May i know the solution now i have many drawings having this problem

Message 4 of 4

@experiencesharing wrote:

Dear Sir May i know the solution now i have many drawings having this problem

In each drawing, Scale the entire drawn contents, around whatever base point makes sense to you, with a Scale factor of 100000 [assuming that is the same ratio in all of them -- check the value of DIMLFAC in each drawing and use that].  Change those settings mentioned, which should make new Dimensions work correctly; for existing Dimensions, use DIMOVERRIDE, ask for the DIMLFAC variable, set it to 1, give it another Enter to say you don't want to override any other variables, and give it ALL when it asks you to Select objects.  That should correct the dimension text without changing any other options about them [such as extension line suppression].

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost