AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009

Distinguished Contributor
MENN0
Message 1 of 4 (421 Views)

Annotation: automatic annoreset?

421 Views, 3 Replies
09-29-2008 01:13 AM
Hi, What I want is to turn off the functionality that is fixed by ANNORESET;ALL. Is this possible?
When I have a text, annoscale = 1:100 and I change to 1:200, gripedit the text to move it and change back to 1:100, the text is at it's original point.

I know this is part of the design of annotation, but can it be turned off?
It should, everything is changable why not this? thanks,

Menno Edited by: menno@aronsengelauff.nl on Sep 29, 2008 11:34 AM
Contributor
coverds
Message 2 of 4 (357 Views)

Re: Annotation: automatic annoreset?

11-20-2012 03:09 PM in reply to: MENN0

AGREED!  ho do i make it so that location updates automatically????

Autodesk, I understand the problem here, that objects at different scales will want to be located in different places, however...   >>>>>   My drafters are hard to control and they sometimes cant grasp the concept that a Duplex electrical outlet block that is annotative MUST be updated when moved OTHERWISE if the same plan is shown in 2 different annotation scales the Duplex outlet will be shown in the OLD location on some pages, and the right location on other pages.    This can cause errors unless it is looked over 5 times.  (by me, late night and overtime)

-- auto update anno reset please --

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 4 (344 Views)

11-21-2012 05:54 AM in reply to: coverds

You can't: your wish is fighting a key feature of annotative objects. If you need to MOVE text permanently, use the command MOVE. If you want each Annotative scale to have it's own unique location, use the grips to move them.

Since you are in 2008, and 2013 behaves like this, your way is never going to happen.

here is a good post from another forum that describes in more detail what you have, need and ca/cannot do:

http://forums.augi.com/archive/index.php/t-103306.html

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Active Contributor
HAMJAM
Message 4 of 4 (340 Views)

11-21-2012 09:20 AM in reply to: MENN0

I too am in the middle of trying to understand this problem of shifting 'anotative blocks'.  

I have a grid line which I have labeled number 2.  The number two is in the middle of the circle and the circle is at the end of the grid line.  I have made the circle and number "2" an anotatice block and located it at the end of the grid.  When I use this building grid (with the circle located at the end of the grid line) it moves away from the grid line - and as such is no help at all.

I am still trying to get to the bottom of this myself but this may offer other users some advice.  

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?124617-Dynamic-Block-keeps-quot-moving-quot-when-Annotative-sc...

If anybody has more help I would love to hear.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.