Did you mean: 

acad.cui file no longer shows toolbar

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rewis
2780 Views, 4 Replies

acad.cui file no longer shows toolbar

Hello, I'm back for more help. I renamed the acad.cui file and replaced it with another. The new one wasn't the one I needed so I renamed the original acad.cui file back to acad.cui. Now when I open AutoCad I have no toolbar at all. Please help me get the file working again.

Russell

2007 AutoCad

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rewis

Why rename anything in the first place?

Did you restart AutoCAD?

CUILOAD command, is the ACAD.CUI even loaded? Is it the one you just renamed back? If yes, did you try selecting another workspace then going back to the one workspace you want?

OPTIONS command, FILES tab, CUSTOMIZATION FILES section, MAIN CUSTOMIZATION FILE option, expand it and ensure the ACAD.CUI file you want to use is the actual file AutoCAD is using.

Message 3 of 5
rewis
in reply to: pendean

I went to the files tab and checked if the acad.cui file was on the path and I found that no .cui file was there so I double clicked on the path and the acad.cui file appeared. I reopened AutoCad and everything was back to normal.

To answer your first question, renaming the file is the only way I know how to switch .cui files. Please tell me the proper method.

Russell

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rewis

OPTIONS command, FILES tab, CUSTOMIZATION FILES section, MAIN CUSTOMIZATION FILE option, expand it and enter the file name of an alternate full-replacement menu file you want to use instead of the default one.
Message 5 of 5
rewis
in reply to: pendean

You have me up and running again. Thank you very much for you help.

Russell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost