664 Views, 4 Replies

acad 2007 compatibility with windows 8

is there any way to use acad 2007 in windows 8

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: bhattas06

Hi,

as you know AutoCAD 2007 was developed long before and info's about Windows 8, so AutoCAD 2007 is not designed to work with Windows 8 and it's also not tested. Even if some people might have it running there are also a lot of people with troubles and so I would not see that as the preferred way.

I would use a virtual pc solution working on base of Windows XP and install/run AutoCAD 2007 in that system. It's the most secure way I guess.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

I have this same question - any options here?

I have the disks and the product key, but my PC unfortnunately doesn't have a disk drive. Is there somewhere I could find the file download?

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

>> I have the disks and the product key

Then ask around who as a diskdrive and then copy the disk's to a USB stick. Should be enough to get the installer started, maybe something like SUBST or so might be necessary to let the os think there is a drive A (for disk drive).

the other answer is the same as the prev. message, I would not try to install anything from 10 years ago onto a current Windows.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: joshstewart

Go buy a drive: it's way cheaper than +/-$4000 for a new seat of AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost