Did you mean: 

Unable to edit plot styles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
251 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to edit plot styles

Using Civil Series 2004 on Windows 7 Professional

When I open the plot styles folder and double click on any of the files I first geta popup saying " Windows is configuring Civil Series 2004". then "Windows in Configuring Express tools".  After it goes through those I get an error message saying File error and listing the file name I double clicked.

The support path is correct.  I am able to plot using all of my plot styles.  I am just unable to edit them. 

The files are also correctly set to open with the styexe application.

I tried a clean uninstall and reinstall to no avail.  Any ideas?  I have searched this forum and everywhere else I and Google could think of.

Should also mention that my coworker using the same setup and same version is able to edit the files with no problems. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 4
pendean

AutoCAD/Civil 2004 is not supported in and have issues with Win7. No one is fixing them either.

Microsoft offers many tips on how to run older software in Win7 (free), try that path, it may cure the issues. Or buy something like WWW.LONGBOWSOFTWARE.COM to help run old AutoCAD software in newer Windows versions (it's not free)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

As an update, the problem still persists.  But, I do have a workaround.

I never realized that in the plot dialog box there is a button to edit the selected plot style.  It brings up the same dialog box that double clicking the .ctb file would when working.  Just a different path to the same end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost