Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request code generation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kvanzandwijk
3838 Views, 8 Replies

Request code generation

Hi, I installed my Autocad 2004 on my new Windows 7 (x64) system by using the Longbow converter. It works ok in demo mode, but it appeared that no request code for license is generated. Who knows which dll or program parts are responsible for generating this code? Thanks in advance, Krijn
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: kvanzandwijk

Type in ABOUT, click on Product Info, see if it will let you activate.

Message 3 of 9
kvanzandwijk
in reply to: Patchy

@Patchy, That 's exactly the problem, no request code is generated; so also not to be find in product info. As far as I know caused by some program code, that is not registered in Win 7 or is not in the good directory (e.g. SysWoW64), but WHICH ????
Message 4 of 9
Patchy

Back in the old days they were on the box (The serial number and CDkey number)

Nowaday it activates by connecting to the internet then it will generate the authorization code.

Message 5 of 9
kvanzandwijk

@Patchy, I regret, that you don't understand, so I will try to explain again: When you install the software you have to fill in the serial number (and sometimes the CD-key) When you have finished the installation and every thing is ok, the programm creates a request code which depends of S/N, but als from the main parts of your hardware (comp-ID, Harddisk, network card etc) The info should be recorded in the Reginfo.html on your computer or you send it by a wizard via internet. If you don't have this request code automatically authorization is not possible and also by Email is not possible for the people at Autodesk don't know my hardware configuration; Sadly they also will or can not advise for the needed software to repair.
Message 6 of 9
Patchy

I made a call directly to Autodesk before because my serial number came back as invalid. They emailed me all the numbers I needed.

If you bought from authorized dealer call them first, if no help then call Autodesk.

Message 7 of 9
kvanzandwijk

@Patchy, My authorized dealer is dead, Autocad replies only with the links of standard installation info and don't answer my explicite asked question. The other suggestion of Autocad is try it with community. In the Netherlands authorization without request code is impossible. Nice to hear you, but I am afraid that you can not help me.
Message 8 of 9
Kent1Cooper

Maybe someone can help you at the dedicated Installation & Licensing Forum.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 9
jessica.t
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Hello kvanzandwijk,

For direct assist with activating your license, please contact our Licensing Assistance team.

And thank you to all of our great users for jumping in!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost