AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

collinizer
Message 1 of 6 (391 Views)

object enabler SPDSGraphiCS SmartPlant

391 Views, 5 Replies
08-21-2007 03:39 PM
Hi, our designers recently were handed a pile of drawings containing proxy objects. The missing Application field lists "SPDSGraphiCS" I believe this is smartplant but I'm unable to find an object enabler for SmartPlant.

does one exist?
Distinguished Contributor
Rudedog
Message 2 of 6 (391 Views)

Re: object enabler SPDSGraphiCS SmartPlant

08-24-2007 12:48 PM in reply to: collinizer
Object enablers usually come from the software company that created the objects.
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 3 of 6 (391 Views)

08-24-2007 03:37 PM in reply to: collinizer
What type of drawings?
----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

collinizer
Message 4 of 6 (391 Views)

08-24-2007 04:32 PM in reply to: collinizer
All types of drawings Electrical, Structural, Piping I&C the whole works. We used AutoPlant + ACAD 2005 for everything. The client took our AutoPlant drawings and added a bunch of little leaders, details, and tables with SmartPlant.

We’re not even able to delete them let alone edit them. I've tried everything from turning them into a block to xreffing them into a new drawing. As soon as I attach the xref or define the block all of the SmartPlant proxy stuff disappears. Our only option currently is to rip all of our geometry out of the drawing and redraw all of their details in a new drawing with straight CAD.

We have an ass-load of drawings to revise with all those darn proxy objects that we can't even touch. Licensing and installing SmartPlant for 100 designers is not feasible, so it looks like we’re going to have to just redraw that stuff.
*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 5 of 6 (391 Views)

08-26-2007 02:44 PM in reply to: collinizer
I wasn't aware that SmartPlant could be used with DWGs. If thats right, then yes you would have to redraw everything from scratch. You may want to contact the client and ask precisely what they did with them. They may be able to do an export-to-AutoCAD, so there are no proxy objects involved.
----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

pcoins
Message 6 of 6 (203 Views)

04-05-2012 12:42 PM in reply to: collinizer

I have been able to remove some proxy graphics by the following method:

1.  Go to your tools>options tab

2.  Then open the "open and save" tab.

3.  Change the "Demand Load OjbectsARXapps" setting  to "Disable Load on Demand"

4.  Close and re-open Autocad.

5.  Open a file with those Proxy graphics in it.

6.  Type in the command -wblock.  Then type a new file name.  This will be (hopefully") the new clean file.

7.  At the prompt type a * for everthing.

8.  Hopefully the new file don't have the proxy's in it. 

IDK....maybe worth a try?

Remember to set the "Demand Load OjbectsARXapps" setting back to what it was, and close and re-open Autocad.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.