AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

gregmarker
Message 1 of 3 (1,143 Views)
Accepted Solution

no large Adobe PDF page sizes when plotting in AutoCAD 2004

1143 Views, 2 Replies
07-25-2012 12:24 PM

In the last year I bought a new computer for our office and was forced to upgrade to AutoCAD 2004 because our version of 2000 wouldn't run on the new computer.  When I try to plot in Adobe Acrobat X Standard it only gives me sheet sized up to 11x17.  When I was running AutoCAD 2000 on our XP machine it gave me all the architectural and engineering sizes.  Anyone have an idea why it dropped the few dozen sizes I actually use?

AutoCAD does not control what an external third party driver offers for page sizes, if you use that system driver.

By chance did you create a limited use PC3 file in AutoCAD?

You had Acrobat X on the old computer too? And it was the 'STANDARD" version? Unless things changed at Adobe, the 'standard' version of full Acrobat only ever offered the smaller sheets and never the biger ones.

You'll find many of the freeware PDF drivers offer no such limitations.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 3 (1,135 Views)

Re: no large Adobe PDF page sizes when plotting in AutoCAD 2004

07-26-2012 01:51 PM in reply to: gregmarker

AutoCAD does not control what an external third party driver offers for page sizes, if you use that system driver.

By chance did you create a limited use PC3 file in AutoCAD?

You had Acrobat X on the old computer too? And it was the 'STANDARD" version? Unless things changed at Adobe, the 'standard' version of full Acrobat only ever offered the smaller sheets and never the biger ones.

You'll find many of the freeware PDF drivers offer no such limitations.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
gregmarker
Message 3 of 3 (1,130 Views)

Re: no large Adobe PDF page sizes when plotting in AutoCAD 2004

07-26-2012 02:21 PM in reply to: pendean

Thanks, I figured that out this morning on Adobe's site.  We had Adobe 6-pro and we changed to Adobe X - standard when we got the new computer.  I created a PC3 file with the Custom Postscript page and got it to work.  Thanks for the help.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.