AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

MichelleD
Message 1 of 7 (181 Views)

layers turned on but not showing up

181 Views, 6 Replies
11-10-2004 06:30 AM
I'm working in a drawing where there are about 7 tabs. The layering in all the tabs but one are working "properly". In the tab that's not working (paperspace), I can't see anything, however if I select where I know the drawing is it will show up until I escape. I've tried regening (which shows me model space layers only, then when I attempt any command the drawing disappears again), changing the plot size of the paper (only a portion of the drawing will show up) and still I can't get the tab to work!!! Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks in advance!
*Chip Harper
Message 2 of 7 (181 Views)

Re: layers turned on but not showing up

11-10-2004 06:38 AM in reply to: MichelleD
Layers can be "On" or "Off" ; "Frozen" or "Thawed" in Model Space or in the current viewport. A viewport can also be set to "Display" or "Not display Objects"..... You might want to zip up and post the offending file for a faster resolution ... or we can just throw a continuous flow of guesses at you. -- Chip Harper Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://home.comcast.net/~hot4cad/
*Gordon Reichhardt
Message 3 of 7 (181 Views)

11-10-2004 02:38 PM in reply to: MichelleD
Are you saying that certain layers in paper space are not showing up or the layers in model space through the paper space viewport are not showing up? "MichelleD" wrote in message news:28947565.1100097082298.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm working in a drawing where there are about 7 tabs. The layering in all the tabs but one are working "properly". In the tab that's not working (paperspace), I can't see anything, however if I select where I know the drawing is it will show up until I escape. I've tried regening (which shows me model space layers only, then when I attempt any command the drawing disappears again), changing the plot size of the paper (only a portion of the drawing will show up) and still I can't get the tab to work!!! Has anyone experienced this? > Thanks in advance!
MichelleD
Message 4 of 7 (181 Views)

11-11-2004 08:45 AM in reply to: MichelleD
Thanks, the problem is that it's a pretty large file (if I zip it with the required xrefs it's 3 megs and the "ground rules" say max. 1 meg...)
MichelleD
Message 5 of 7 (181 Views)

11-11-2004 08:49 AM in reply to: MichelleD
Thanks Chip - the only problem is when I zip the file it's 3 megs w/ the required xrefs (and the "rules" say it can only be 1 meg) - can I send it anyway?
dlang21
Message 6 of 7 (181 Views)

09-07-2006 02:15 PM in reply to: MichelleD
I was having that problem as well. There is a layer in a xref that is an alternative to a road way design. It shows up in MS. In PS, through the VP, this layer does not show up. I made sure that the layer was not frozen in any VP, and was set to plot as well. Still nothing. If I went into the xref of the problem layer and changed the name of the layer its on, and saved, and reloaded in the original drawing, it showed up. Any Ideas?
*Bill DeShawn
Message 7 of 7 (181 Views)

09-09-2006 10:43 PM in reply to: MichelleD
Try the VPLAYER command?
Command: VPLAYER
Enter an option [?/Freeze/Thaw/Reset/Newfrz/Vpvisdflt]
T
LayerName

--
Bill DeShawn
bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn
(website link works now)

wrote in message news:5321541@discussion.autodesk.com...
I was having that problem as well. There is a layer in a xref that is an
alternative to a road way design. It shows up in MS. In PS, through the
VP, this layer does not show up. I made sure that the layer was not frozen
in any VP, and was set to plot as well. Still nothing. If I went into the
xref of the problem layer and changed the name of the layer its on, and
saved, and reloaded in the original drawing, it showed up. Any Ideas?
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.