Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer properties manager

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ronaldseto
324 Views, 6 Replies

Layer properties manager

When copying a file to another file, how do I delete duplicate format profiles?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: ronaldseto

duplicate format profiles?
Message 3 of 7
ronaldseto
in reply to: pendean

Let me try to explain a little better.....If I have 2 or more files (drawings) with objects drawn with the same solid line (or hidden line) and if I copy an object from one file to another file,, I now will have two different objects with the same linetype. If I open "format/layers" and get the layer property manager window, there will be two continuous linetype entries, each imported from a different file. I want to be able to delete one "continuous linetype", so I only have one "solid (or hidden) linetype to work with. I can't seem to be able to find this out from the Autocad manual. I'm referring to the 2004 AutoCad Bible by Ellen Finkelstein. I had one semester of Autocad in college and learned the rest on the job. I am self taught and have a lot more to learn.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

There is no such function/ability in AutoCAD, if I understood your latest post: it would appear that either the layer already exists in the destination file and it is set to a different linetype that you want, or youor object is set differently from it's layer setting and when you bring it in that variation becomes more clear.

Post a screenshot of your "format/lyaers" pop-up to show us what you think needs to be changed, and explain where you want to make this change.
Message 5 of 7
ronaldseto

I tried to post a screen shot as an attachment, but can't do it. I click on "browse", select the file, but there is no place to "post attachment".

Message 6 of 7
pendean

click on REPLY, when the new window appears click on Browse below the message box, select your file from the new pop-up, then OK when done. When back at the message simply click POST after you type something. The file will upload with your reply.

Message 7 of 7
ronaldseto

@pendean wrote:

click on REPLY, when the new window appears click on Browse below the message box, select your file from the new pop-up, then OK when done. When back at the message simply click POST after you type something. The file will upload with your reply.

I followed your last message. I hope it works this time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost