Did you mean: 

Draw and move in 3D

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
design
459 Views, 6 Replies

Draw and move in 3D

Something happend...

If I draw a 3D-box size 100x100x100 and then view it in perspektive. Then I want to copy the box from the bottom endpoint to the upper endpoint - the copy still remanes on ground level. I have to use "copy" @0,0,100 to get it up.

I must have changed some setting by misstake. Can anyone help me with this?

/mazken

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
steven-g
in reply to: design

Sounds like the variable OSNAPZ try changing the value

Message 3 of 7
design
in reply to: steven-g

OK...

Where do I change the value? OSNAPZ is not the command as I can see...

Message 4 of 7
steven-g

It may not have been introduced until a later version, just typing the word would bring it up if it is available.

Message 5 of 7
nestly2

The OSNAPZ variable is availabile in AutoCAD2006 and newer.  OSNAPZ=0 is the legacy behavior where AutoCAD will use the Z value of the snap point.  OSNAPZ=1 will cause AutoCAD to ignore the Z value of the snap point and instead use the current ELEVATION.

If using 2006 or newer Tools > Options > Drafting > Replace Z value with current elevation

-or-

OSNAPZ = 0 at the command line

Message 6 of 7
design
in reply to: nestly2

I see.

The problem is that I have AutoCad 2005 , included in Mechanical Desktop, but I only use AutoCad.

So the OSNAPZ is not a existing command. I don't even have a drop down menu named Tools...

There must be a way to do it. Probably something easy since I think I have changed it by misstake and I am seldom doing changes in the settings.

Message 7 of 7
design

Finally I found the answer. 

The drop-down-menu: Assist

Choose: Drafting Settings

Then click on: Ignore Z Coordinate On/Off

How I accidently did that I don't know. Probably there is a button for that - but I don't know whitch 😉

/design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost