AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

lindenb0y
Message 1 of 6 (423 Views)
Accepted Solution

Does a pop-up tool tip for object properties exist?

423 Views, 5 Replies
05-31-2011 10:22 AM

My co-worker insists that she was using some feature of ACAD 2006 which allowed for object properties to be manipulated in a "tool-tip" like fashion afterselecting an object and right-clicking.  Since we re-formatted her PC, the functionality she was used to is gone.

First off, I have never heard of a function like this.  Second, the PC she is using was a previous co-workers machine, and it might be possible that the previous dude installed some kind of add-on software for this functionality.  Third, it appears that this functionality might actually be built-in to later versions of ACAD, although I don't know anyone who uses them so I can't really research that effectively and quickly.

Any ideas on what she could be referring to, and how we can get it back with the fresh install?  ACAD is 2006, with SP1, and OS is XP SP3.  I have tried every standard OPTION I can fromm the right click menu, other than truly customizing a command -- something I doubt the dude before her would have been capable of doing anyway.

TIA

Jason

Registered Architect

jasonb@halstead-architects.com

Yep, the options are set to enable the short cut menu...it's just that the menu isn't "correct."  And strangely, as I mentioned before, even with the options set correctly, the menu won't show at all!

I suspect that the menu was edited to fit the previous users needs, which I think I can figure out.

Thanks for your input.

J

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 6 (422 Views)

Re: Does a pop-up tool tip for object properties exist?

05-31-2011 10:30 AM in reply to: lindenb0y

command PICKFIRST if it is zero change to 1 and see if that's what she wants.

lindenb0y
Message 3 of 6 (413 Views)

05-31-2011 02:12 PM in reply to: Patchy

Nope.  That was option one, performed about 20 "attempted fixes" ago.  I do actually research this stuff before posting : )  I am kidding.  Anything else you can think of?

I think we discovered today that she might have had a previously edited menu on right-click which allowed her to select certain aspects, particularly for example when you are in Paper Space, there was a viewport control option, which had another pop-out menu to lock / unlock the viewport.  My regular right-click menu doesn't have that.  So we're honing in on modifying the menu, however, as of today after I messed with it, she can't get the menu to fly out AT ALL!  I hope it wasn't something SP1 did when I installed it this AM.

Thanks!

Jason

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 4 of 6 (405 Views)

05-31-2011 02:32 PM in reply to: lindenb0y

Go to OPTIONS and check these boxes.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 6 (396 Views)

06-01-2011 06:00 AM in reply to: lindenb0y

>>>... allowed for object properties to be manipulated in a "tool-tip" like fashion afterselecting an object and right-clicking...<<<

You are describing Quick Properties, found in later versions of AutoCAD: so my guess is your user had an add-on that is now gone. I suspect the add-on was this http://manusoft.com/software/periscope.html#Summary

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
lindenb0y
Message 6 of 6 (390 Views)

06-01-2011 07:40 AM in reply to: Patchy

Yep, the options are set to enable the short cut menu...it's just that the menu isn't "correct."  And strangely, as I mentioned before, even with the options set correctly, the menu won't show at all!

I suspect that the menu was edited to fit the previous users needs, which I think I can figure out.

Thanks for your input.

J

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.