AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

Valued Contributor
jonjon107
Message 1 of 5 (307 Views)

Cadpipe

307 Views, 4 Replies
09-20-2006 05:04 AM
Not sure where i should post this so i'm posting here... i have a few users in the office using AutoCAD 2005 and CADpipe version 8.0. There is one drawing in particular that is slowing down as the day progresses. when i open it with straight AutoCAD it works well and when i save it as a .dxf file and re-open it with cadpipe it is ok. i've narrowed it down to cadpipe as the culprit but i don't know what it is doing to slow the drawing down. has anyone else ever run into this problem?? i welcome any and all feedback on this.
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 5 (307 Views)

Re: Cadpipe

09-20-2006 05:43 AM in reply to: jonjon107
RECOVER to open it, WBLOCK the file out, INSERT it into a
working template file and see if that helps, if the problem
is only one file... .

And call CADpipe folks for further support?

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Valued Contributor
jonjon107
Message 3 of 5 (307 Views)

09-20-2006 05:51 AM in reply to: jonjon107
Thanks Dean, yeah i've done that to "fix" the drawing but it only works temporarily, as does saving it as a .dxf. at some point during the day the drawing "slows down" again. i'm trying to find out what is causing this to happen so i can kill it.

Another weird thing is that if i save it as a .dxf on a pc with cadpipe, it doesn't speed it up at all but when i save as a .dxf on a machine w/o cadpipe then open it with cadpipe it works ok. :-b
*Dean Saadallah
Message 4 of 5 (307 Views)

09-20-2006 06:22 AM in reply to: jonjon107
wow! and this is the one and only file with this problem?

--
Dean Saadallah
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Valued Contributor
jonjon107
Message 5 of 5 (307 Views)

09-20-2006 06:33 AM in reply to: jonjon107
so far... however i think i may be getting closer to a permanent fix. when we were opening the drawing on a cadpipe machine we were getting a proxy graphics box and leaving the "do not show proxy graphics" checkbox unchecked. when we checked the box things looked just a little different... different good not different bad... it would take me too long to explain. so, we'll see what heppens today with the drawing.

I'm not too familiar with the proxy graphics thing... but i guess that is going to have to change. it's been one of those things i've just ignored because it has never given me any problems... until now. i guess i'm gonna have to start reading...
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.