AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

scorpiovt1966
Message 1 of 2 (764 Views)

AutoCad 2004 Lisp Routine - Swing Ties

764 Views, 1 Replies
12-06-2012 07:16 AM

Hello all,

Let me first start off by saying this is an AutoCAD 2004 question. I just could not find a location to ask this specifically in a 2004 discussion "room".

This is a question/request to see if anyone has a lisp routine "out there" for drawing "swing ties" for utility projects. For those that do not know, swing ties are 2 dimensions off existing locations (e.g. 2 corners of an existing house) and these dimensions locate an existing utility, possible underground (e.g. water shut off valve for house). Right now to draw these swing ties our company draws and arc from each building corner to the shut off valve. Then Dtext is used, using midpoint, and text is rotated to be aligned with arc (note, text sized is based on being .08 in height depending on scale of drawing; 30 scale = 2.4, 50 scale is 4.0). We then use the text to trim the arc so it does not cross through text. I am hoping there is a routine out there which would allow selecting the beginning arc point, end arc point then where the text would be located, aligned with the arc. It would also be great if there was an option of having or not having arrow heads on beginning/ending of arc. In a perfect world the arc line color would be "bylayer" while the text color could have a pre-set color. Is there anything out there like this? Angular dimensioning doesn't seem to fulfill the office needs.

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Valued Contributor
Patchy
Message 2 of 2 (757 Views)

Re: AutoCad 2004 Lisp Routine - Swing Ties

12-06-2012 09:21 AM in reply to: scorpiovt1966
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.