AutoCAD 2004/2005/2006

*Tore
Message 1 of 14 (811 Views)

AutoCAD 2004 license?

811 Views, 13 Replies
11-09-2004 02:52 PM
Where can I find information about selling my personal copy of my AutoCAD License? I would like to know if I can sell my personal copy of AutoCAD 2004 (license) and pass ownership onto the buyer? TH
*Walt Engle
Message 2 of 14 (811 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2004 license?

11-09-2004 03:30 PM in reply to: *Tore
Tore wrote: > Where can I find information about selling my personal copy of my AutoCAD > License? > > I would like to know if I can sell my personal copy of AutoCAD 2004 > (license) and pass ownership onto the buyer? > > TH Look at response to "Is it legal to buy Autodad" ahead of your post today.
*Cy Shuster
Message 3 of 14 (811 Views)

11-09-2004 07:02 PM in reply to: *Tore
Thanks for asking. It's not permitted. --Cy-- "Tore" wrote in message news:41914a41$1_2@newsprd01... > Where can I find information about selling my personal copy of my AutoCAD > License? > > I would like to know if I can sell my personal copy of AutoCAD 2004 > (license) and pass ownership onto the buyer? > > TH > >
*Dean Saadallah
Message 4 of 14 (811 Views)

11-09-2004 07:51 PM in reply to: *Tore
Contact your reseller and ask. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
*Anne Brown
Message 5 of 14 (811 Views)

11-10-2004 05:47 AM in reply to: *Tore
Also see the answers to the similar post on this group. Subject: Is it legal to buy Autocad from individuals Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 14:11:33 GMT From: d_r_wright Newsgroups: autodesk.autocad.2004 --- Anne Brown Discussion Groups Administrator Autodesk, Inc. Tore wrote: > > Where can I find information about selling my personal copy of my AutoCAD License? (snip)
*Tore
Message 6 of 14 (811 Views)

11-10-2004 11:01 AM in reply to: *Tore
Duh!! "Dean Saadallah" wrote in message news:41919028$1_2@newsprd01... > Contact your reseller and ask. > > -- > Dean Saadallah > Add-on products for LT > http://www.pendean.com/lt > -- > >
*Tom Smith
Message 7 of 14 (811 Views)

11-10-2004 12:40 PM in reply to: *Tore
> Duh!! Dean gave you the correct answer. As your license agreement states, you can only transfer a license with the prior approval of Autodesk. They are the only ones who can give you a binding answer to your question. Anything else that anyone else tells you is heresay, and Autodesk isn't bound to abide by it. My impression, from my own experience and from other discussions here, is that they only allow this in special limited circumstances, and with certain paperwork being done in advance. I strongly doubt that you are going to get a blanket okay to "sell" a license on the open market. But that's just my impression. The only way to get a real answer is to contact Autodesk, through your reseller.
*Tore
Message 8 of 14 (811 Views)

11-10-2004 06:18 PM in reply to: *Tore
Dean always gives those kind of obvious and yet useless answers...sorry Tom! I bought AutoCAD in the past DIRECTLY from Autodesk...Now I need a reseller to ask permission?? I don't think so! The only time I use a intermediary is when I pray to GOD through Jesus Christ. I don't think Autodesk is on that level yet, although they may have led you to believe that they are!! I talked to an Autodesk "advocate" who sent me the "paperwork" designed for Corporations, not individuals. I have bought and sold other major software from former user's and was able to transfer the license without a hitch. What make's Autodesk so special? I know about the agreement...I get them all the time from Credit Card companies ...always making small unnoticeable changes, but why this attitude?? BTW...I have very little contact with a reseller...I'm an individual and so I don't get the interest from a reseller that a corporation gets. Tore "Tom Smith" wrote in message news:41927ca6$1_3@newsprd01... > > Duh!! > > Dean gave you the correct answer. As your license agreement states, you can > only transfer a license with the prior approval of Autodesk. They are the > only ones who can give you a binding answer to your question. Anything else > that anyone else tells you is heresay, and Autodesk isn't bound to abide by > it. > > My impression, from my own experience and from other discussions here, is > that they only allow this in special limited circumstances, and with certain > paperwork being done in advance. I strongly doubt that you are going to get > a blanket okay to "sell" a license on the open market. But that's just my > impression. The only way to get a real answer is to contact Autodesk, > through your reseller. > >
*Tom Smith
Message 9 of 14 (811 Views)

11-11-2004 06:02 AM in reply to: *Tore
> I bought AutoCAD in the past DIRECTLY from Autodesk...Now I need a reseller > to ask permission?? I don't think so! I cordially invite you to do whatever you want to do. Autodesk has to approve the license transfer in advance. You need to go to WHOEVER you acquired it from to get your answer. But apparently you've already been given an answer, and you just don't like it. Sorry! Dumping on people in here isn't going to change anything. As Paul noted, nobody in here has said they're fond of Acad's policies, we've just stated the facts as best we know them. If you feel a need to ventilate about the way Autodesk does business, you should use your direct connection to them to do so.
*Tore
Message 10 of 14 (811 Views)

11-11-2004 07:37 AM in reply to: *Tore
"Tom Smith" wrote in message news:41937102_1@newsprd01... > > I bought AutoCAD in the past DIRECTLY from Autodesk...Now I need a > reseller > > to ask permission?? I don't think so! > > I cordially invite you to do whatever you want to do. Autodesk has to > approve the license transfer in advance. You need to go to WHOEVER you > acquired it from to get your answer. > > But apparently you've already been given an answer, and you just don't like > it. Sorry! Dumping on people in here isn't going to change anything. As Paul > noted, nobody in here has said they're fond of Acad's policies, we've just > stated the facts as best we know them. If you feel a need to ventilate about > the way Autodesk does business, you should use your direct connection to > them to do so. > > My direct connection is called customer service. I'm surprised that everyone recommends asking my reseller...but it really doesn't matter I just wanted to voice my frustration of finding out that I have no investment value left especially after the 2000, 2000i and 2002 version thing that cost about $1500 alone. I've vented...thanks for listening! The following is not ventilation...LOL BTW is my last reseller the one I should talk to about this issue? I have had five (5) resellers, including Autodesk directly since I purchased AutoCAD version 11 in 1988! Perhaps others have had one reseller since their original purchase? I'm under the impression that Autodesk really doesn't want to phase-out individual "licenses". I can also see the core product disappearing or rather being completely absorbed by the "vertical" products. I'm feeling much better now...but I'll go check my BP to make sure!! Tore
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.