AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load the Modeler .DLLs

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
rico.b
427 Views, 16 Replies

Unable to load the Modeler .DLLs

im receiving this message and it crashes Autocad since i installed norton antivirus 2003 for any drawing includ 3D elements...i am using windows 98 with 512 MB memory
may i have help, please...

Thank you.

Rico
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: rico.b

Check this link...

Brian Keever

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
im
receiving this message and it crashes Autocad since i installed norton
antivirus 2003 for any drawing includ 3D elements...i am using windows 98 with
512 MB memory
may i have help, please...

Thank you.

Rico

Message 3 of 17
rico.b

Thank you Brian, i tried this one, so i am able to work in autocad but i still cant open any drawing with 3d object...it crashes autocad giving me the fatal error ..unable to load the modeler .DLLs..
do you have any more idea, please..
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Format the drive and put in windows 2000 or xp
pro.

Install ACAD, no anti-virus software. Make sure it
works okay. Set up ACAD the way you like, then Ghost the drive with this syntax:
ghost -span -split=650  Next have ghost copy the image files to another
partition of drive. Now set up Norton, which I will never use and uninstall from
every machine that I have say so on (I prefer Kapersky) and then see if it
works. If it screws up, then just restore the drive from your image files and
try a different anti-virus software.

Dave

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Thank
you Brian, i tried this one, so i am able to work in autocad but i still cant
open any drawing with 3d object...it crashes autocad giving me the fatal error
..unable to load the modeler .DLLs..
do you have any more idea,
please..
Message 5 of 17
rico.b

thank you Dave...
im trying to make a fixe regeistry before formating..do you have any software preference??or is it usuful??

thanks again.

Rico.
Message 6 of 17
brite750

Maybe I'm missing something here. Your having a problem with Acad so your buying a whole new $200 OS ? Did you try uninstalling Norton, and reinstalling ACAD, what other software do you have? check for Spyware, virus, etc. Loading 2000 or XP will most likely just give more problems. I have Win98SE running ACAD just fine and dandy, with Norton. Did you try just doing a repair of ACAD after getting rid of Norton, after uninstalling software you should aways run a registry cleaner i.e. RegCleaner or similar product. I hope your new purchase (OS) does it for you, but just because you load a new OS does'nt necessarily mean you fixed to original problem. Goood luck though.
Message 7 of 17
rico.b

i didn't install a new OS i just had norton installed with my logon to the network..i tried to reinstall autocad with the repair option and i installed it completely after uninstalling...it should be a registery prob. wich use the memory needed to load that modler, i tried mecanical registry to fixe it, its working litle bit better but still can't load the modeler DLLs...other problem i have when i type insert it dosent execute this command...any solution will be appreciate...thank you again.
rico.
Message 8 of 17
brite750

i didn't install a new OS i just had norton installed with my logon to the network..i tried to reinstall autocad with the repair option and i installed it completely after uninstalling...it should be a registery prob. wich use the memory needed to load that modler, i tried mecanical registry to fixe it, its working litle bit better but still can't load the modeler DLLs...other problem i have when i type insert it dosent execute this command...any solution will be appreciate...thank you again. rico.

I was responding to Dave to install Win2000, your post is still a little confusing.
what does this mean, had norton installed with logon to network, take norton off your pc and use RegCleaner to remove registry entries. Then try to completely reinstall Acad, we have to eliminate nortons effect on Acad as being possible problem.

Another thing that would be nice is to download and install Aida32, this software will give you all the info on your pc hardware/software. It will give you a report to paste on this site.
Another thing could be spyware if your on internet, DL and run Adaware, & Spybot S&D.
It really sounds like you have a bad install of Acad though.
Message 9 of 17
brite750

http://www.pcmedixwebs.com/regclean.htm

I think this is site for free RegCleaner, I think it's part of a package called JV Powertools, this cost $$$ though. RegCleaner is free.
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Yes,

It's a great time to use a real OS. 98 is for home
use. You must not do anything heavy or you would know that by now. He is loading
the modeler.dll, so I assumed he is going to be working in 3D and need ram and
an OS that can manage it better. The advice is very good. He would have been
done by now, but because he did not do it, he is still trying to fix it. Reg
cleaners stink with ACAD and can actually can hurt ACAD.

Dave

Maybe
I'm missing something here. Your having a problem with Acad so your buying a
whole new $200 OS ? Did you try uninstalling Norton, and reinstalling ACAD,
what other software do you have? check for Spyware, virus, etc. Loading 2000
or XP will most likely just give more problems. I have Win98SE running ACAD
just fine and dandy, with Norton. Did you try just doing a repair of ACAD
after getting rid of Norton, after uninstalling software you should aways run
a registry cleaner i.e. RegCleaner or similar product. I hope your new
purchase (OS) does it for you, but just because you load a new OS does'nt
necessarily mean you fixed to original problem. Goood luck
though.
Message 11 of 17
rico.b

where can i find that software...and is it free to download..
thanks..
rico
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

where can i find that software«Aida32»...and is it free to download.. thanks.. rico
Message 13 of 17
brite750

Dave, RegCleaner works just fine, I've used it for 5yrs, never had a problem. When you uninstall Acad it leaves reg entries that might mess you up when you try reinstall, I was just trying to eliminate that possible problem. I work on 30 to 100mb 3D solid models, I don't know if you consider that to be heavy or not. No 98, probably isn't ideal, but that is what he has to work with, and it can work. Believe me, going to your boss and demanding that he buy you 2000 without trying a few things to fix your current system can be a hard sell. rico, do google search for aida32, and yes it's free. If you get no ansewers here try helponthenet.com for either hardware or win98.
Message 14 of 17
brite750

And Dave, I was only trying to help rico with what he has to work with, I don't think there is any reason for the pointed comments. If rico can get win2000 then that's fine, just trying to help out.
Message 15 of 17
brite750

Hate to ask but, what reg cleaner software were you using on what version of Acad, that you had problems with? Just for future reference.
Message 16 of 17
rico.b

when i got my acad 2002 crashed i didnt have any reg cleaner...i m just trying to repare my cad without formating my system...i tried registry mechanic 2.1 and it looks not bad
thank you.
Rico.
Message 17 of 17
brite750

Good luck rico, re-post if you still have problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report