AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symbol library not loading

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
frikky
241 Views, 3 Replies

symbol library not loading

one of my coworkers has a problem opening our symbol library. it begins to open, but then after generating 2 or 3 of the symbols, it stops, then freezes cad completely. we've tried loading it various ways, yet the same thing happens. any suggestions would be great! thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: frikky

Since there is no one way to do this.... . Your post is light on details, explain in actual AutoCAD terms/ commands instead. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 4
frikky

ok, i'll do my best...

i've created a few symbol block libraries and we've been using them for several years. my co-worker has recently begun to have problems opening the block libraries.

he clicks on the autocad design center button, it begins to open, but instead of displaying all the blocks, only 2 or 3 of them are loaded, then it stalls and ultimately freezes cad so he has to use the task manager to close down cad.

he's tried opening it using commands and through the cad today screen, yet the same thing occurs. he can't open the design center and has to resort to opening our block library and then copy and paste the entire set into his drawing. it works, but he'd prefer to use the design center since it's quite useful.

thanks for any help. i'm unsure what else to describe, i hope it's enough for suggestions.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

That's better, I guess: so, you are having problems using ADCENTER command. Does it have this problem with other files, not just your 'library' file? Does it have this problem with other folders, not just your 'libraries' folder(s)? If the problem is a single 'library' file, did you try and do anything to fix it, like AUDIT or RECOVER, or WBLOCK out to a new file? If the problem is ADCENTER command, have you tried an AutoCAD reinstall? -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report