AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive

AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive

calgarykevvy
Message 1 of 3 (4,505 Views)

Solved: AutoCAD 2002 Mechanical Desktop 6.0 on Windows 7

4505 Views, 2 Replies
04-07-2010 10:38 PM
Hi All;

Had a problem with Acad 2002/MDT 6.0 crashing on Windows 7. Saw a number of posts in this forum and all over the internet that seemed unsolved.

Was getting an error something like Unhandled Exception C++ Library.

Tracked it down to being a printing problem. Acad would print and run no problem. Could even close the program and launch it again as long as the machine wasn't restarted. When the machine was re-booted Acad crashed right after the template was loaded.

The only fix I found was to enable the Administrator account and run Acad from there. Note the account created when Win 7 was installed has administrator privileges but it is not the same as the sys admin. To enable the Administrator account:
- go to the Start Menu/All Programs/Accessories and RIGHT CLICK on Command Prompt.
- click on Run As Administrator (click Yes to run)
- type:
net user administrator /active:yes (hit enter, will confirm if successful)
- go to Control Panel/User Accounts/Manage Another Account
- the administrator account should show and you can set the password
- log off and then on as Administrator with the password you just set
- Win 7 will create your desktop and your AutoCAD installation should be there
- launch AutoCAD and test

Mine ran under the Administrator account even though it was crashing in my user account. Anyway, I fought with this for a long time and this worked for me. If you run into any troubles with the Windows setup procedures, just Google the topic before asking questions. It's where I learned. The only thing I contributed is actually trying to run logged in as Administrator.

No idea if it works for other versions of AutoCAD.

Good luck!

Kev
AdamG8GXP
Message 2 of 3 (4,191 Views)

Re: Solved: AutoCAD 2002 Mechanical Desktop 6.0 on Windows 7

05-02-2011 12:28 PM in reply to: calgarykevvy

Thanks. :manhappy: That worked for my Autocad 2002. I was getting "FATAL ERROR: unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7500b760h" error and crash right after starting Autocad.

I am running Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit.

drvyts
Message 3 of 3 (4,043 Views)

Re: Solved: AutoCAD 2002 Mechanical Desktop 6.0 on Windows 7

06-06-2011 04:02 AM in reply to: calgarykevvy

doesn't work on MDT 2009

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.