AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple dxf file 8 mb

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
kylegoltsch
1336 Views, 5 Replies

simple dxf file 8 mb

i have about 12,000 dxf files and some are simple parts with 3 lines, 1 hole and i line of simple text.  the file is 8,126 kb.  I know this is huge.  i have purged everything and tried wblock, picked each individual object and inserted into a new file.  same result.  i cannot figure out how to reduce the size.  there is something hidden that i cannot find.  i have attached a file for anyone to view.  any help will be appreciated.  i zipped the file because the autodesk web site would not let me post it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: kylegoltsch

I reduced it by a little bit, very little bit.  I removed unused dimstyle and text styles.  I searched for blank text and found nothing.  I would say it is the way it is.

Message 3 of 6
artc2

The vast majority of the file is in dictionaries and xrecords.  It looks like architectural data because there are strings such as "(structural plan)" and "fireplace walls" and "___DEMOLITION" and "___ARchitecture".

Message 4 of 6
kylegoltsch

Found out it was the layer filters.  Must have been near a thousand on some files.  Found the lsp file lfd.lsp on another site.  It deletes all the layer filters.  Files are now in the area of 22 kb.

Message 5 of 6
norkghadsk

hello how do i run autodesk 2002 on windows(7) seven

after installation everything comes but the design which contains wall is not shown.

it reads as a fatal error thanks Norris

Message 6 of 6
kylegoltsch
in reply to: norkghadsk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report