AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rtext automatically updates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
222 Views, 3 Replies

Rtext automatically updates

I like using rtext for the plotdoc on my drawings.
I would like to change the way it works. When a user gets into a drawing, rtext automatically updates the using the loginname.
Is there a way to show the last user in the drawing and not the current user? This is import because often we are trying to find out what was done and by whom. I don't want to explode the rtext as I want to retain the full functionality.

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you explored getting your users to fill out the DWGPROPS summary tabs? As long as RTEXT command is loaded, it will update the rtext entry. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 19:05:24 GMT, bgmason wrote: >I like using rtext for the plotdoc on my drawings. >I would like to change the way it works. When a user gets into a drawing, rtext automatically updates the using the loginname. >Is there a way to show the last user in the drawing and not the current user? This is import because often we are trying to find out what was done and by whom. I don't want to explode the rtext as I want to retain the full functionality. Unfortunately RTEXT does not let you set when it will act other than what can be set through DIESEL. So unless you can come up with a DIESEL expression that can detect a change, it will update. Here is one trick you might want to try. Check the setting for the variable DBMOD. If it is not 0, then let RTEXT display the value set in LOGINNAME, otherwise do nothing. This may not work as if you have anything that causes the value of DBMOD to change, RTEXT will update. You can try the free Live Text. This does let you set when the action will trigger, only if the Live Text is in a block or XREF, it will not change.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have used the RTEXT "LAST SAVED BY". It, by its name will tell you who last saved the drawing.

In A2K
In acad.lsp, support level enter

(arxload "acsiobj.arx")
(arxload "whohas.arx")
(arxload "acsiui.arx")

I also loaded these same .arx files via the APPLOAD command, Startup Suite (Contents). I'm sure you don't have to do it both places.

By the way, this has to be done on all computers that you want this information from.

Hope that this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report