AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

organize layout tab order

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
t.landis
913 Views, 11 Replies

organize layout tab order

is there a dialog window that allows you to organize the order of layout tabs, rather than having to right click on each one and moving it to the end... therefor possibly having to go through all your tabs to arrange them??

isn't there an easier way.. ?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: t.landis

Not as a core feature. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 12
old-cadaver

I guess I'm not sure what you're after. You don't place them in order when you create them??
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Are you simply wanting to put them in ascending or descending order based on the names? -- Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "t.landis" wrote in message news:16293191.1108049567583.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > is there a dialog window that allows you to organize the order of layout tabs, rather than having to right click on each one and moving it to the end... therefor possibly having to go through all your tabs to arrange them?? > > isn't there an easier way.. ?
Message 5 of 12
t.landis

yes, I know I should just add them in order as I go along.. what happens though if you have to add a layout page somewhere in the middle.. ?
Message 6 of 12
t.landis

yes, but what if you need to add a layout page later on?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Try the attached LISP routine. The command name is layoutOrder. -- Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "t.landis" wrote in message news:2898317.1108056590391.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > yes, I know I should just add them in order as I go along.. what happens though if you have to add a layout page somewhere in the middle.. ?
Message 8 of 12
old-cadaver

Well I right click on an existing tab, select "Move or Copy" check the copy box, then select where I want it to be. Once there I erase any PS entities I don't want (keeping the border and notes already filled out) and modify the viewports as required.

How do you do it???
Message 9 of 12
t.landis

great thanks
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

You're welcome. -- Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "t.landis" wrote in message news:12732876.1108058422988.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > great thanks
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

t.landis wrote: > is there a dialog window that allows you to organize the order of > layout tabs, rather than having to right click on each one and moving > it to the end... therefor possibly having to go through all your tabs > to arrange them?? If you were to consider third party software, take a look at the Layout Manager in ToolPac 8.0 from http://www.dotsoft.com. The dialog looks like this http://www.dotsoft.com/images/layoutmgr.gif. Terry
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

""Well I right click on an existing tab, select "Move or Copy" check the copy box, then select where I want it to be. Once there I erase any PS entities I don't want (keeping the border and notes already filled out) and modify the viewports as required. How do you do it???"" "t.landis" wrote in message news:2898317.1108056590391.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > yes, I know I should just add them in order as I go along.. what happens > though if you have to add a layout page somewhere in the middle.. ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report