AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
462 Views, 3 Replies

Normal Z

When drawing an arc you have Start, Center, and End X,Y,Z coordinates all of which are set to 0 for the Z (in my drawing). However, there appears to be a default setting of 1 with the "Normal" X,Y, & Z which I can not edit.

The problem this is causing me is I'm drawing circles with the tan tan radius command and when I get to these arcs they won't connect due (I assume) to the normal Z setting of 1.

Is it possible to edit this setting?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kchristm
in reply to: Anonymous

The Z coordinate can be set using the Elevation command. At the command prompt type in ELEV and check to see if the setting has been changed to 1. Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 4
tsingi
in reply to: kchristm

He isn't talking about the Z coordinate, he is talking about the 'Normal Z' value. I'm not sure what that is supposed to be, some kind of orientation ordinate, but it's screwing me over as well. elevation is NOT the answer.
Message 4 of 4
tsingi
in reply to: tsingi

I've discovered that the normal value is an ordinate for a normalization unit vector which specifies which direction the 'face' is pointing. For a 2d drawing I assume this should be 0,0,1 for everything. I have circles with a normal unit vector of 0,0,-1 in some cad that should be 2d, but isn't. This is playing havoc with my data when I export it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report