AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mirror a viewport?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
13505 Views, 5 Replies

mirror a viewport?

is there a way to mirror a viewport in paper space?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Other than mirroring the modelspace part.....I don't think there is.

Paperspace is just a window into Model Space. You can rotate, thanks to UCSfollow and Ucs... But mirroring? I never tried it, but I can't think of a way to do it. Other than mirroring the source.

You could make a copy of the source in your modelspace, Mirror that... and then make a viewport of it.

And keep mirroring it every time you make a modification.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

You can mirror a viewport, but it does not mirror the contents. So it's basically a COPY. A viewport mirrored needs to be turned ON using MVIEW.

You can copy a viewport, and then change the view direction in the viewport using DVIEW to look at the model from the bottom, but that's not a mirrored view. Your right and left hands are "mirror" images, so looking at the back of your right hand is not the same as looking at your left palm. Thumbs are pointing the same way but that's about it.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

You can mirror a viewport, but as OLD-CADaver has stated it is merely a copy... if you want the contents to be mirrored then you might copy the viewport, flip your UCS (Y 180) and do a PLAN view of that... basically looking at the model from the back side... or simply use the VPOINT command and use 0,0,-1 for your viewing point. What is the desired results? -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements "suzette" wrote in message news:4770953.1081364898088.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > is there a way to mirror a viewport in paper space?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

vpoint (0,0,-1) was able to do what i wanted. it kept the xref in model space in place and only mirrored the viewport. and i'm able to create multiple viewports with the original view (not mirrored). all the text is reversed though. that did it!
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Bear in mind that that is not really a mirror image, that you're just looking at the back. But iff it is a 2d drawing the point is moot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report