AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Server Gone - No Install Discs...What Can We Do?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
daKlone
1258 Views, 4 Replies

License Server Gone - No Install Discs...What Can We Do?

Hi All,

I hope someone can offer some advice, as we are a little stuck at the moment!

We have a number of AutoCAD 2000i network licenses, which were distributed by a license server...until the HDD on the server crashed! Now we have no license server and no-one can open AutoCAD!

The obvious answer would be to re-install the license server on a different machine, but try as we might we cannot find the install disc. Similarly, we could have gone to stand-alone licenses, but without an AutoCAD 2000i install disc I don't see how this is possible.

Scoured eBay for install discs, but nothing doing.

Does anyone know how we get our AutoCAD working again?

Thanks,

dK

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: daKlone

I take it you all don't actually backup the server or image of it for flawless recovery? Why not?

Contact an Autodesk reseller in your region for options. There are none here.
Message 3 of 5
daKlone

Thank you for your reply pendean.

I have spoken to our local reseller who offered no options, which is why I asked here, hoping for some "out of the box" thinking perhaps.

Backup/recovery is our IT departments issue and I see no point in discussing the whys and wherefores of that now; we are in the position we are in and have to deal with it somehow.

Thanks again,

dK

Message 4 of 5
pendean

The only "out of the box" fix is to find install discs and your serial numbers: your reseller can help with the latter, you're on your own for the former. Try websites like eBay and such. There are no free solutions unless someone around here wants to just give you the correct discs. There is no magic bullet or secret download.

Your IT is on the hook here, but you all have to pay for it. It may be the time to consider more curernt versions of AutoCAD, or other dwg-compatibles out there as better more fruitful options. Good luck.

Message 5 of 5
daKlone

I think we are going to have to "take the (financial) pain" and finally upgrade to a newer version, as there is still no sign of the install disc.

Thank you for taking the time to post a reply, pendean. Much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report