AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover a block?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1005 Views, 1 Reply

How to recover a block?

I created a block yesterday early in the day. I saved the drawing and exited. A co-worker accidentally edited the block later in the day and saved and exited more than once before realizing the problem. In Design Center the thumbnail shows my block the way it should be, but when I preview it with Design Center infromation is missing. Also, when I insert it the information is missing. We have extensively gone through back-up files looking for the block, and tried opening "clean" AutoCAD drawings and inserting the block again, but still that information is missing. We have had no luck with auto-saved files either. Is there any way to recover a block from the thumbnail?

Thanks for your help!
Michele Schwartz
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Afraid not. That's a separate definition thing stored with the drawing, made for displaying the thumbnail...not reconstructing the geometry. (proxy objects)

As a gentle reminder: enable .baks and save frequently, always act like you're afraid you'll lose the file. Do a save before complex changes or moving things...so you can restore them if they don't work out.

"kdsMichele" wrote in message:

>I created a block yesterday early in the day. I saved the drawing and exited. A >co-worker accidentally edited the block later in the day and saved and exited >more than once before realizing the problem. In Design Center the thumbnail >shows my block the way it should be, but when I preview it with Design >Center infromation is missing. Also, when I insert it the information is missing. >We have extensively gone through back-up files looking for the block, and >tried opening "clean" AutoCAD drawings and inserting the block again, but >still that information is missing. We have had no luck with auto-saved files >either. Is there any way to recover a block from the thumbnail?
snipped

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report