AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
210 Views, 6 Replies

HATCH draworder

When I hatch an area solid and set the hatch draworder to back, it works and
my other linework shows over top. BUT, when I x-ref that drawing #1 into
drawing #2, drawing #2 shows the solid hatch from drawing #1overtop the
linework from drawing 1. Any help please!?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mrwwilliams2
in reply to: Anonymous

We run into similar problems doing colored elevations. Most of the time we xref the linework into the color drawing seperately, but I have also used the "bring above object" option of the draw order command when they are in the same drawing. Select the linework then use the draworder command and choose 'bring above object', then select the hatch you want it in front of. It may also be helpful to make the line work a block... but it is hard to say without knowing more about your application. Hope it helps... seems to work for me.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

The draworder>above object didn't help, but good
idea saving the hatch down as a seperate file.  Quite a pain in the butt,
but what can ya do, this must be a glitch with the AutoCad draworder
command.  Unless others have suggestions??  I did try the move objects
(all but hatch) from 0,0 to 0,0, because that has worked in the past when
draworder hasn't worked.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I think this is a pretty common issue with blocks
& xrefs. We freeze the xref's hatch layer and copy the hatch into the
working drawing. A little bit more work but we get the desired
results.

John Mayo

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
The draworder>above object didn't help, but
good idea saving the hatch down as a seperate file.  Quite a pain in the
butt, but what can ya do, this must be a glitch with the AutoCad draworder
command.  Unless others have suggestions??  I did try the move
objects (all but hatch) from 0,0 to 0,0, because that has worked in the past
when draworder hasn't worked.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

The old work around, that we always use. Get the draw order correct in the model. Wblock the model (base 0,0) and re-insert and explode it (insert 0,0). This seems to 'set' the draworder so that it can be used for xrefing. It's a bit of a pain to start with, but after a few times it's 2nd nature.

Jason
Message 6 of 7
mdemers

I do something very similar to jeh_uk. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me when dealing with draworder in colored drawings. Wblock or block all items seperately (Ex. hatching, object lines, text etc...)and insert them back into your drawing in the order you desire. The first items you re-insert will be the items you want at the very back (lets say solid hatching)then EXPLODE VERY IMPORTANT, then re-insert the second item you'll want to have above the first item (let's say object lines) EXPLODE. Then re-insert the third item you want above the first and second items (lets say text)EXPLODE etc...etc...I usually only have to make and insert 3-4 blocks and voila drawing in order. Although I've never tried jeh_uk's method it may work better, and be quicker.

Canon
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Have you tried putting the hatchs on a separate file and xref them into your drawing and give it an elevation such as 0,0,-1. That works for me when I want to have solid color in the background.

-Blair

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report