AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings order under Windows menu

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
inal
1325 Views, 7 Replies

Drawings order under Windows menu

I know it's a minor inconvenience, but it's driving me crazy... When there're multiple drawings opened, for whatever reason they're not listed in order (like they are in the Open Dialog window) under the Windows tab. So when I have a bunch of drawings open for, say, plotting, and I'm done with one, the next one that comes up is not the next one in sequence. That is, I have sheets that are numbered, say, fa-1a, fa-1b, fa-2a, etc., and they are out of sequence. Irritating and adds time for CLTR+Tab scrolling. I'm wondering if anybody out there has a fix for this? Thanks,
Inga
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
velija
in reply to: inal

I had that problem few years ago. I remember that was Windows thing not AutoCad. Check windows support sites.
Can't find site address right now, sorry
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Check MAXSORT, minimum value should be 200, may have to increase same.

Wolfe

"inal" wrote in message
news:f11792e.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
I know it's a minor inconvenience, but it's driving me crazy... When
there're multiple drawings opened, for whatever reason they're not listed in
order (like they are in the Open Dialog window) under the Windows tab. So
when I have a bunch of drawings open for, say, plotting, and I'm done with
one, the next one that comes up is not the next one in sequence. That is, I
have sheets that are numbered, say, fa-1a, fa-1b, fa-2a, etc., and they are
out of sequence. Irritating and adds time for CLTR+Tab scrolling. I'm
wondering if anybody out there has a fix for this? Thanks,
Inga
Message 4 of 8
inal

Doesn't work - MAXSORT controls the sorting of block names and symbol names only. Nothing to do with Window menu, unfortunately.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I thought they appeared in the order in which they were opened.

John
Message 6 of 8
inal

You'd think so, but no. The files are opened through the dialog box, using the Shift key to open multiple files. In the "Open" box they're listed in order, but for whatever reason the Window menu resorts them.
Message 7 of 8
velija

I am using W98. I still can't find windows support site but I remember that you should be able to resolve your problem editing window registry. Of course editing that registry can couse serious problem so don't try before you are sure that you have right solution. This occurs if the shellState value in registry has been changed or is incorrect. You should set the Shellstate value in the registry to the default value. I would recomend to check that value on several computers around you.
check in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
Try to find somwhere on windows support site what is right value, if you can't find try to set to following value:
ON YOUR OWN RISK OF COURSE
1C 00 00 00 A7 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00
This value has to typed in one line
Before start to do anything check help topic - "restoring the registry" in regedit.exe or "restoring a registry key" help topic in regit32. exe
YOU DON'T NEED TO RESTART YOU COMPUTER FOR THESE CHANGE TO TAKE EFFECT. IF IS NOT WORKING BRING BACK YOUR CURRENT VALUE
Good luck
Message 8 of 8
hgf_21_xy

Hi inal,

Have you figured this out?

I'm also having the same trouble.

Let me know if you got any solutions.

Thanks!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report