AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Recovery

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TheOnlyIDLeft
485 Views, 2 Replies

Drawing Recovery

I've got a house plan that I just finished working on in 2002  Architectural Desktop and not more then a few seconds after saving it we had a freak power outage. When the power come back on and I tried to re-open it it said that the file was not vaid. I tied doing a recovery on it in both CAD 2002 and 2005, but it said it was unrecoverable. 

Does anyone have any idea on how I might be able to recover it? Or would a computer system recovery to the day before fix the file?

Thanks,

Robert

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: TheOnlyIDLeft

Find and rename the BAK file to DWG and use it: it will be as old as the previous save, which hopefully you do more regularly that not. And assuming you did not turn off BAK file creation "to safe disk space".

You can also try looking for an AutoSAVE file: SV$ is the extension and normally found in the temp folder under your Windows Profile folder (unless you moved it). It may or may not be current, but it's better than nothing.

Message 3 of 3
TheOnlyIDLeft
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the back up file was turned, which I never though about checking since I usually use my 2005 version. And the auto saves also auto delete themselves once you save the drawing. I'm now in the process of starting from one of my older slaved copies of it (with the back up file ON) and some prints that I had just printed out before the power outage. Still a lot of extra work to do, but is better then fully starting over. 

If anyone else has any ideas that might save me some time it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report