AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing AutoCAD on multiple workstations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
265 Views, 4 Replies

Customizing AutoCAD on multiple workstations

I have AutoCAD 2000 installed on several pc's in my office. On my station, I have everything customized the way it works best for me - custom toolbars, templates, and general settings (colors, cursor settings, etc.). How can I copy all this info to another pc, so that the AutoCAD on that pc will look & run exactly like mine? I tried copying all my acad.* files found in the SUPPORT folder, but the toolbars aren't working out. I ended up with toolbars that don't look like mine, plus the action performed by some buttons doesn't match the button description... and one custom toolbar is missing altogether. What other files should I be copying from one station to the other to make them identical? TIA for your help!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I too would like to know that. I copied the mns and mnu files and it didn't do it. Think they are in the root and not the support directory though. "mastiff38" wrote in message news:929225.1088530115913.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1... > I have AutoCAD 2000 installed on several pc's in my office. On my station, I have everything customized the way it works best for me - custom toolbars, templates, and general settings (colors, cursor settings, etc.). How can I copy all this info to another pc, so that the AutoCAD on that pc will look & run exactly like mine? I tried copying all my acad.* files found in the SUPPORT folder, but the toolbars aren't working out. I ended up with toolbars that don't look like mine, plus the action performed by some buttons doesn't match the button description... and one custom toolbar is missing altogether. What other files should I be copying from one station to the other to make them identical? TIA for your help!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

They could be in numerous places. It depends on how the custom menus/toolbars were created. Did you modify an existing menu, or create a custom one (the preferred method)? Are you calling external routines to be run? If so, what folder are they stored in and did they get copied as well? Is the search structure identical on the new machine? This topic has been covered before, so I would recommend spending some time doing some searches in this and even the customization ng. Jeff
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Sorry for posting a question that has been covered, but I was trying to do this in a rush & didn't have time to search. In answer to your questions, I believe that one toolbar was modified & one was created from scratch, there are no external routines running, and the search structure on both machines is identical.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

No need to apologize. After rereading your original post, I am willing to bet that your modified and new toolbars are not in the acad.* files. Search for any files that end in mnu/mns/mnc. The ones you are looking for are probably stored in a different menu file. If this is the case, copy those as well to the support folder (or better yet, to a new folder that will be used to store non standard items. Make sure to add this folder to your search structure). Once this is done, use the MENULOAD command to bring this menu into acad to be used. A word of caution: When you load a menu (*.mnu) it creates same named .mns & .mnc files. If you have modified an existing .mns file (this would happen without you even knowing it if you use the customization dialog box to modify a toolbar) and you then reload the .mnu file, it will recreate the .mns and you would lose any changes that were made after the last saved version of the mnu. As for the functionality not being the same, I couldn't answer to that without further explanation. HTH, Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report