AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2002 on Windows 7

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
hutchinsonarchitects
47089 Views, 22 Replies

AutoCad 2002 on Windows 7

I am trying to run 2002 on Windows 7.
It worked when it was first loaded, but now crashed on startup, displaying the following error:
'FATAL ERROR: UNHANDLED e06d7363h Exception at 74ddb727h'
Any suggestions? - I tried changing the administrator password but no difference.
Thanks.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

I have the same problem, and have looked everywhere on the net with no luck as to a fix.

It also creates a ACAD.err file which has the following. 

FATAL ERROR:  Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7668b727h

02/10/2010 at 08:02:58.815  Drawing: Drawing1.dwg

Message 3 of 23

I would like to add that I am having the same problem.

Message 4 of 23
toddmcc
in reply to: BSA189

Doesn't appear to be any fix for this. Great, get windows 7 and then get problems. I unistalled Autocad and reinstalled it and it worked about three times then the error came up again. This time it allows the open file windo to come up then does it.

Message 5 of 23
m_ridzon
in reply to: toddmcc

I am about to purchase a Win 7 Pro 64-bit system.  Has anybody had success running AutoCAD 2002 on the Win 7 system?  It currently runs perfectly fine on my WinXP Pro 32-bit system.  In passing, I've heard things about running "dual operating systems" or setting up "virtual PC's" to enable older AutoCAD stuff to run on Win 7.  Any tips or pointers?

Thanks,

M Ridzon 

Message 6 of 23
pendean

Software does not just 'break': if it works for a while before it stops, try to find out what changed in Win7. Lots of free and cheap 3rd party utilities to find and use. You can also try Windows Restore.

R14 and above run in Win7 based on the many users posting all over these forums: browse for some tips while you explore your PC for changes.

Message 7 of 23
pendean
in reply to: m_ridzon

XP Mode is an extra download for Win7 users from Microsoft, visit that website and find out more.

Message 8 of 23
toddmcc
in reply to: pendean

I have tried resetting the drawing history so ACAD does not recall last 4 drawings as shown in one blog. This did not work. I have tried running it in comaptability mode with XP & windows 2000. That does not work either. I have attempted getting rid of the error file. No good. The only time it works is if I delte the programm, then reinstall it. It then opens about two to three times then up comes the error again. All of the other fatal errors appear to be with a different Exception code on the internet.

This is the error message;

FATAL ERROR:  Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 75c9b727h

08/04/2010 at 21:34:51.592  Drawing: Drawing1.dwg

But I cannot find drawing1. It appears this is the generic page that opens when starting the program and there is a conflict with this somewhere.

Message 9 of 23
toddmcc

Hi Again,

I just run a registry scanner and cleaned the registry files etc, but that has not worked either. ?????

Message 10 of 23
pendean

You may well be out of luck with Win7. Downgrade it or upgrade AutoCAD are a few of many other options.

This is a great product to truly uninstall software, use it's last option, the most aggressive, and when it's done select all items it offers to delete and do so. When it is complete, restart Windows and reinstall 2002 and reapply all patches. Turn off UAC and all other running apps before you install R2002 and while you use it for today, all day.

http://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

Message 11 of 23

You might be interested in this thread.

http://forums.computeractive.co.uk/showthread.php?t=206592

Message 12 of 23

You will need a drawing created in Windows XP, Copy that to your Desktop on the computer running windows 7 then use that drawing by double clicking it to start AutoCAD 2002. It has worked for me for quite some time but whatever you do only start the program from the drawing. In fact I renamed the drawing I am using to "AutoCAD Start" I obviously cannot guaranty it will work for you but it certainly works for me. Good luck I hope it works.

Message 13 of 23
amalynn
in reply to: oldseadog

Hi,

Check out how to run older versions of AutoCAD in this link:

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/how-to-run-an-older-version-of-autocad-or-inventor-in-windows-7-t...

Message 14 of 23
oldseadog
in reply to: blab99999

Many thanks for the info, I'll certainly give it a try, just one reservation and that is I am running Windows 7 Home Premium which is not listed for the use of virtual "XP Mode", anyway I'll see what happens.

Regards

Don

Message 15 of 23
m_ridzon

I just finished building a brand new computer.  I loaded Windows XP Pro onto it.  I then inserted my Win 7 Pro Upgrade (64-bit) disk and upgraded the XP to Win 7 Pro.  I installed AutoCAD 2002 and it seems to be perfectly fine.  It's been a few days since the install.  I've restarted the machine multiple times.  I've opened and used AutoCAD multiple times.  I've opened old drawings as well as drafted new drawings.  So far, I've seen no problems.

The only problem I'm not very fond of is...the User Account Control (UAC) warning pops up every time I open it, asking me if acad.exe is allowed to run on my system.  I Google'd the UAC to learn about it.  Apparently, this UAC option was introduced in Vista and refined in Win 7.  I had never seen it in XP.  It's a Windows security feature and it's not a big deal to me since I know my system is a little more secure with it. 

All-in-all...ACAD 2002 seems to be running fine on Win 7 Pro (64-bit).

M Ridzon

Message 16 of 23
oldseadog

I ran the HAV Detection tool on my computer and it reported that my PC does not have hardware-assisted virtualization and furthermore I must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate to run Windows XP mode. I looked at upgrading to Windows Professional but at £120 I gave it a miss.

Anyway I am upgrading my computer in the New Year so I’ll aim to get Windows 7 (64-bit) Professional.

I did toy with the idea of building one but chickened out!

In the mean time and for some unknown reason I can run AutoCad 2002 without a problem as long as the program is opened using any drawing that originally was created in Windows XP (service pack 3).

Regards

Don

Message 17 of 23
livecrazy
in reply to: oldseadog

Same problem.

I installed AutoCAD 2000 on my laptop. I started to store work on an external hard drive. Now the program runs FATAL ERROR “Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 761bfbaeh” when I try to run the program with the external hard drive un plugged. (works fine when it’s plugged in)

Maybe some portion of AutoCAD jumped ship onto the external hard drive and can’t run without xxx? Files.

My solution, plug up a few USB ports.

Cheers

Message 18 of 23
ponkadog

Previous posted from oldseadog:-

You will need a drawing created in Windows XP, Copy that to your Desktop on the computer running windows 7 then use that drawing by double clicking it to start AutoCAD 2002. It has worked for me for quite some time but whatever you do only start the program from the drawing. In fact I renamed the drawing I am using to "AutoCAD Start" I obviously cannot guaranty it will work for you but it certainly works for me. Good luck I hope it works.

Worked for me too ....so far anyway. Smiley Tongue

Was at my wits end and desperate as needed to be able to use my autocad 2002 on new pc with windows 7 to produce designs. Thought it had loaded at first, then got the fatal error message.........OMG !  No way could I afford to buy new software   Thanks so much for posting a solution worth trying. Come on Autocad, get a proper fix out there. 

Message 19 of 23

I overcame the problem by downloading virtual pc. Running XP.
Message 20 of 23

I also have this same problem.  I have found that if I do not have other programs running or minimized this usually fixes the problem.  Runs in XP mode but soemwhat slower.  I also changed to compatibility mode Windows 2000.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report