AutoCAD 2000/2000i/2002 Archive (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2002 - AutoCad 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
2012jim2012
900 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCad 2002 - AutoCad 2012

Hello,

I am involved in a project whereby we have a Dell 520 Laptop on XP SP2. AutoCad 2002 is installed and is heavily used with various plug-ins etc. It uses various commands and scripits and produces drawings from these.

As you can apreciate the laptop is old and needs replacing so, we are going to Windows 7 and are looking to upgrade to AC2012

Has anyone on this forum ever migrated from AC 2002 to AC 2012? I would be very interested to hear what problems you encountered and how you tackled them.

Also, how do I navigate in AutoCad 2002 to find out what plug-ins are enabled and being used by the application?

As you can probably tell, I am new to the AutoCad world so any information is greatly appreciated in helping me getting things that worked in 2002 in 2012.

Regards

James.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: 2012jim2012

Never "migrate" an AutoCAD 2002 Profile to AutoCAD 2012. But you can move things like special hatches, linetypes, all your symbols libraries and more.

And unless your plug-ins are written in generic Lisp and they call commands that have never changed in 10-years, they are likely not able to run in R2012 unless the source of those plug-ins have newer versions for you to buy/acquire/install.

Start 2002, when it's finished, hit the F2 key and scroll up to the top. If any add-ons autoload, they tend to leave remarks in the startup. APPLOAD may shed more light on loaded applications too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report