ASE, SQL, OLE, ADE

ASE, SQL, OLE, ADE

cocka13
Message 1 of 2 (472 Views)

dbCONNECT problem, more specified

472 Views, 1 Replies
08-22-2011 01:41 AM

Hi everyone,

I had post about connecting SQLServer with ACad through dbCONNECT and ODBC. Problem was how to change name of the databse and save links between graphics elements and database row.

I found that I can change database in LinkProperties Templates and LabelProperties Templates. But I have one query which is actually only a filter. And that query is still looking for an old database. Somehow it is hardcoded in .dwg file and I can't change them (or I don't know how to change). Query doesn't have Templates.

If I write new query which is acutally same query as old one and looking for a new database, links to my graphics elements is destroyed. But still remains in the whole table.

Hot to solve this?

Many thanks in advance.

Mladen

cocka13
Message 2 of 2 (450 Views)

Re: dbCONNECT problem, more specified

09-07-2011 03:59 AM in reply to: cocka13

My fault.

I delete old Query because there is no chance to change name of the old database and create a new one.

In new Query I forgot to put whole primary key (which is compound of two fields) and links didn't react as it should. When I write second filed in SQL query then everything start to work.

So, I've changed Link Template Properties and Label Template Properties in order to look for a new database name, checked with - Open Table and then synchronize links with Table in database. Delete old query and create new one with same SQL query. Everything looks fine now.

Hope this will help someone with same issue :smileyhappy:

Mladen

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.