ASE, SQL, OLE, ADE

Valued Contributor
celsoven
Message 1 of 1 (558 Views)

dbconnect error

558 Views, 0 Replies
05-26-2010 02:40 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to use my drawings with an access database.

For example, i want that my valves in a process plan has a connection with one database in access to have some links.

So I created a database in access 2003 with one table call valves, then i want to link that database with blocks in my drawing.

For example in the database i have a table call valves, and in that table i have my number of valve "PV-501", then in my drawing i have a block call valve that contain an attribute.

I created the odbc connection start->task manager ->Administrative tools-> ODBC

Then in AutoCAD i have my block with an attribute value that is the same that contain my table valve in the database "PV-501".

In AutoCAD MAP i know how to link the database with my blocks in a drawing, so i'm trying to do this in AutoCAD 2008, and I found that AutoCAD has dbconnect, but when i try to open the table using dataview in AutoCAD it sends me the following error "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812a6bh". and AutoCAD exits.

Is somebody in this forum that could help me, may be i'm trying to do something impossible.

Thanks in advance.

Atte.
A desperate friend.
Celso Ventura Montiel Hernández
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.