ASE, SQL, OLE, ADE

Reply
*Support, Fletcher Clover - Autodesk GIS
Message 11 of 18 (61 Views)

Re: asi2dbconnect

10-27-1999 04:08 PM in reply to: *Basques, Bob
Hi Jon,

The version of MDAC (OLE-DB 2.0) that comes with IE5 will overwrite the
older version of MDAC that shipped with Map 2000 (OLE-DB 2.0), causing
connectivity errors. Users should make sure they use the version that
shipped with Map 2000.

Hope that helps,

Fletcher

Jon Fleming wrote in message ...
>It could possibly have something to do with IE5, if you installed that.
Try
>http://www.microsoft.com/data for the latest MDAC.
>
>jrf
>Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
>In article <3815DC8F.165EFC82@ci.saint-paul.mn.us>, Bob Basques wrote:
>> Well now I see the table flash before my eyes before AutoCAD crashes.
Could this
>> have something to do with a MS service pack. I've had some problems with
ODBC
>> since I left service pack 3, I'm on service pack 5 right now. I've heard
of some
>> problems related to ODBC with the newer service packs.
>
>
*Fleming, Jon
Message 12 of 18 (61 Views)

Re:

10-27-1999 04:12 PM in reply to: *Basques, Bob
If you don't want to do dbConnect, ignore dbConnect. ASI will do the job in R12
through AutocAD 2000 ... but will probably disappear in the next major release.

jrf
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

In article <3817594A.90976A42@ci.saint-paul.mn.us>, Bob Basques wrote:
> Jon,
>
> I don't plan on using the DBconnect command very often. How would its function , or
> lack of, affect just using ASI LISP to connect to the database. I'm looking over your
> DBL.LSP file now.
*Fleming, Jon
Message 13 of 18 (61 Views)

Re: asi2dbconnect

10-27-1999 04:44 PM in reply to: *Basques, Bob
In article <7v80m1$la51@adesknews2.autodesk.com>, Fletcher Clover -
Autodesk GIS Product Support wrote:
> The version of MDAC (OLE-DB 2.0) that comes with IE5 will overwrite the
> older version of MDAC that shipped with Map 2000 (OLE-DB 2.0), causing
> connectivity errors. Users should make sure they use the version that
> shipped with Map 2000

Well, I don't know which version ships with Map 2000. It's probably OK
now, but six to twelve months from now it may _not_ be desirable to
install the version that shipped on today's CDs.

I do know that IE5 version 5.00.2014.2016 installed a subset of MDAC that
messed all sorts of things up, including vanilla AutoCAD 2000 dbConnect.
Microsoft had this problem posted at http://www.microsoft.com/data for a
while, but I don't see it now. IE5 version 5.00.2314.1003 was supposed
to be fixed, but broke my AutoCAD 2000 dbConnect when I installed it. I
don't know what you get if you download IE5 today.

I haven't heard of anyone being hurt by downloading and installing the
latest MDAC from Microsoft.

jrf
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
*Basques, Bob
Message 14 of 18 (61 Views)

Re: asi2dbconnect

10-28-1999 08:19 PM in reply to: *Basques, Bob
Jon-Fletcher

Thanks for the help/education to this point, but . . . .

This sure sounds like a lot of crap to mess with and having to support as
many as I do, this is going to suck big time if I upgrade all my Licenses. I
like the DBconnect notion even though I most likely would only use it
occasionally, but its gotta work better than this before I upgrade my users
who will most likely want to use this feature.

> In article ?7v80m1$la51@adesknews2.autodesk.com?, Fletcher Clover -
> Autodesk GIS Product Support wrote:
> ? The version of MDAC (OLE-DB 2.0) that comes with IE5 will overwrite the
> ? older version of MDAC that shipped with Map 2000 (OLE-DB 2.0), causing
> ? connectivity errors. Users should make sure they use the version that
> ? shipped with Map 2000

I've used the verion that was on the CD with no improvement.

I'm using the Trial version of ACAD2000 could this have some problems or be a
older version.?

> Well, I don't know which version ships with Map 2000. It's probably OK
> now, but six to twelve months from now it may _not_ be desirable to
> install the version that shipped on today's CDs.
>
> I do know that IE5 version 5.00.2014.2016 installed a subset of MDAC that
> messed all sorts of things up, including vanilla AutoCAD 2000 dbConnect.
> Microsoft had this problem posted at http://www.microsoft.com/data for a
> while, but I don't see it now. IE5 version 5.00.2314.1003 was supposed
> to be fixed, but broke my AutoCAD 2000 dbConnect when I installed it. I
> don't know what you get if you download IE5 today.

I unistalled IE (grin) seems to save me more headaches than most of those
around me. I hope that this is not my problem, DBconnect didn't work while it
was installed either though

> I haven't heard of anyone being hurt by downloading and installing the
> latest MDAC from Microsoft.

I've went to the Microsoft site, where the heck is the thing, anyway? Sorry,
I'm not a very Microsoft compliant being (bring back AutoCAD on UNIX)

> jrf
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
*Fleming, Jon
Message 15 of 18 (61 Views)

Re: asi2dbconnect

10-29-1999 04:24 AM in reply to: *Basques, Bob
In article <38191235.DAD4B141@ci.saint-paul.mn.us>, Bob Basques wrote:
> I've went to the Microsoft site, where the heck is the thing, anyway

Sorry, I usually post the URL since it seems to be inaccessible by
links from the main site: http://www.microsoft.com/data.

jrf
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
*Basques, Bob
Message 16 of 18 (61 Views)

Re: asi2dbconnect

10-29-1999 09:56 AM in reply to: *Basques, Bob
Well I got the latest MDAC [MDAC 2.1.2.4202.3 {version number 2.10.4202.1
- from the property dialog}] and installed it, I still get the Fatal
Error.

I'm not sure what to try next.

bobb

Jon Fleming wrote:

> In article <38191235.DAD4B141@ci.saint-paul.mn.us>, Bob Basques wrote:
> > I've went to the Microsoft site, where the heck is the thing, anyway
>
> Sorry, I usually post the URL since it seems to be inaccessible by
> links from the main site: http://www.microsoft.com/data.
>
> jrf
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
*Fleming, Jon
Message 17 of 18 (61 Views)

Re: asi2dbconnect

10-29-1999 03:28 PM in reply to: *Basques, Bob
In article <3819D1BD.FA422D0D@ci.saint-paul.mn.us>, Bob Basques wrote:
> I'm not sure what to try next.

I'm stuck ..

jrf
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
*Basques, Bob
Message 18 of 18 (61 Views)

Re: asi2dbconnect

11-01-1999 08:55 AM in reply to: *Basques, Bob
I just put a call into the vendor, wish me luck!

bobb

Jon Fleming wrote:

> In article <3819D1BD.FA422D0D@ci.saint-paul.mn.us>, Bob Basques wrote:
> > I'm not sure what to try next.
>
> I'm stuck ..
>
> jrf
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.